Another thumper II thread

KCTurbos

Reaction score
well I am still trying to decide what to do for oil on or race truck. I want to stick with a single HPOP system for right now.

I am leaning towards a thumper II pump... but i hear so many whispers behind closed doors. I wanted to double check to make sure the rumors were not true. I figured there has got to be some good data on them after being out for a few years.

How is everyone like them now that they have been out for a few years?
What injector size can they handle?
Do they have good longevity?

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
go with the thumper 2 and don't look back. I said it once il say it again. never had an issue with mine, id say around 3000 miles on it running 265/125 and now 250/125 injector holds ICP great single pump option.

Myerswelder

Reaction score
Ive had mine for about 6k miles and haven't had any issues with my 225/100. I know they're not huge compared to what Mark is running.

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
The one in the ranger has surprised the heck out of me and Chris. We didn't have time to install and change everything so we could run the warren twin pump so we are trying the thumper 2 with our big warren hybrids and so far with only 3 passes we have dialed it in to maintain 4.2v. We have more tuning to do and I'm positive we can get more out of it. With full ipr tune it's still blowing the ipr open (surging 4.8-3.5v)

KCTurbos

Reaction score
The one in the ranger has surprised the heck out of me and Chris. We didn't have time to install and change everything so we could run the warren twin pump so we are trying the thumper 2 with our big warren hybrids and so far with only 3 passes we have dialed it in to maintain 4.2v. We have more tuning to do and I'm positive we can get more out of it. With full ipr tune it's still blowing the ipr open (surging 4.8-3.5v)

Thanks Matt

What size hybrids are you running. We were going to try to run 450/150 8mm hybrids and hoping to maintain ICP.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
go with the thumper 2 and don't look back. I said it once il say it again. never had an issue with mine, id say around 3000 miles on it running 265/125 and now 250/125 injector holds ICP great single pump option.

Thanks. 265/125 is a descent sized conventional. Do you know what kind of ICPv you were maintaining at WOT?

Ive had mine for about 6k miles and haven't had any issues with my 225/100. I know they're not huge compared to what Mark is running.

Do you know what your ICPv is at WOT?

Extended Power

Reaction score
Matt, how are you "dialing it in"?
I can't run my truck at all right now because my hpo pressure is sky high. (1100+ psi at idle, and 4000+ psi if I blip the throttle.)
Truck won't shift past 2nd gear either....reving to the moon.

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
Matt, how are you "dialing it in"?
I can't run my truck at all right now because my hpo pressure is sky high. (1100+ psi at idle, and 4000+ psi if I blip the throttle.)
Truck won't shift past 2nd gear either....reving to the moon.

Working to keep Icp above 4.5 but also keeping it from surging At upper rpm.

Seems to be very picky and takes a lot of fine tuning to find the sweet spot.

Chris at TSD is the brains behind that part of it.

Jeremy @ No Limit

Reaction score
I'd be interested in trying one in my reg cab but I'm hesitant. I tried another "upgraded" HPOP once and it wasn't impressive. ICP was nearly the same as the stock pump.

Latest posts

Members online