Any hp turbo better than the other?

Pan4905

Reaction score
I already have an elite 72mm low pressure. Looking to upgrade the high pressure now. Any one better than the next? I looked at elites and river city. Any others to consider?

sootie

Reaction score
i like my rcd one. elite wont get any of my money again...

BBottoms

Reaction score
Elite has two 59mm HPs, one with a stock turbine and one with a larger turbine. RCD has two compressor wheel options, but both stock turbines. All depends on what you think the best set up for your needs would be. Probably won't be a noticeable difference between any of them with a 72 LP.

Pan4905

Reaction score
Being the rcd has a stock turbine, it wouldn't do anything to decrease back pressure correct? And being that elite offers a larger turbine, it should decrease back pressure? Any difference in spool? What would be any other advantage of the elite model?
And which 59mm turbo is it from elite with a larger turbine? I don't see it on their website.

Last edited:

patrickpsd

Reaction score
I have the RCD 59. Had elites original 58mm. No problems with either one. But like the fact of the larger turbine and also the 360 deg thrust bearing on elites. The one on there website for $2000 has the larger turbine

BBottoms

Reaction score
I've always been curious if using Elites 59 with the larger turbine along with RCDs 75 with the larger turbine would make a noticeable/worthwhile reduction in BP. I've never seen anyone with this combo. Would spool suffer noticeably on a stock fuel set up?

Black AOD

Reaction score
I've always been curious if using Elites 59 with the larger turbine along with RCDs 75 with the larger turbine would make a noticeable/worthwhile reduction in BP. I've never seen anyone with this combo. Would spool suffer noticeably on a stock fuel set up?

I doubt it. I don't know about reduced EBP but Go look up people who ran Elite's High Power setup on stock fuel. That's a Precision BB 76 Atmo over a 63mm Billet HP VGT. People LOVED how much better spool up was, way better than stock most people claimed. Id agree. I had a buddy in the army who ran High powers on stock fuel. Truck ripppppeeeddd hard. Awesome turbo setup.

sootie

Reaction score
Being the rcd has a stock turbine, it wouldn't do anything to decrease back pressure correct? And being that elite offers a larger turbine, it should decrease back pressure? Any difference in spool? What would be any other advantage of the elite model?
And which 59mm turbo is it from elite with a larger turbine? I don't see it on their website.

vgt causes the backpressure. go remote mount or non-vgt if you are worried about it.

smokinstroker

Reaction score
I doubt it. I don't know about reduced EBP but Go look up people who ran Elite's High Power setup on stock fuel. That's a Precision BB 76 Atmo over a 63mm Billet HP VGT. People LOVED how much better spool up was, way better than stock most people claimed. Id agree. I had a buddy in the army who ran High powers on stock fuel. Truck ripppppeeeddd hard. Awesome turbo setup.

Spool up is better on the high powers due to the precision charger. Not exactly the same comparison with a stock appearing upgrade

Black AOD

Reaction score
Spool up is better on the high powers due to the precision charger. Not exactly the same comparison with a stock appearing upgrade

Yeah I forgot RCD's 75 was still a stock appearing housing. My bad. don't listen to me lol

Pan4905

Reaction score
So what benefit is there going with elites with the larger turbine? Is there any difference in sound?

sootie

Reaction score
correct. however-back pressure reduction and spool times are barely noticable with a vgt of that size...

RSK

Reaction score
so barder 59, rcd 59 and elite 59 are pretty much the same when paired with rcd's 75?

Latest posts

Members online