Any Mod Avail. To Fill Fuel Tanks Wide Open?

OBS F350

Reaction score
I did the "luck of the draw mod" and never had this problem with my OBS LOL. I remember my good friend's f150 did this and I thought it was hilarious. Hope you get her figured out.

mandkole

Reaction score
IMO, the biggest issues with the obs tank is the size of the vent, where it sits in the tank and the shape of the tank. It cant displace the air fast enough when the tank is almost full. My vent was plugged so I got good improvement just by cleaning everything out.

Supposedly the neck vent mod works but decided not to go there. I can fill the tank to the last gallon or so without it kicking off.

rat49f6

Reaction score
Cant you just add a rolliver vent to the tank to help it vent?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

96F350KID

Reaction score
I used a F Super duty filler neck and punched out the "roll over ball vent" works like a champ! Doing the SD filler neck will work too just need to punch that vent out. 38 gallon fuel tank and that mod does the trick!

old man dave

Reaction score
The internal vent line can be cut after pulling off the fill hose at the top of the tank, then cutting the internal vent line. Jus let the cut off stud fall into the tank. It helps a little.

The real fix is to modify or change the rollover valve and run a vent line to the top of the filler neck. DieselJim did this, his writeup with pictures is at "the diesel stop" in the FAQs. Do a search on fuel tank vent mods, the reference to the writeup appears in a thread with BlueMule, who cites the writeup. The pictures show how to modify the stock rollover valve so it accomodates the vent line to the filler neck.

DieselJim actually has two writeups on this but only one shows how to modify the stock rollover valve.

DZL JIM

Reaction score
Some info that might help:
tank vent mod
The only thing I'd point out is I show the vent at the front filler neck straight out from the neck, which is what you want to do. The rear I show with a 90° elbow and you do NOT want to do this. You need to get the vent tube continuously flowing back to the top of the tank. Any dips in the line and you'll trap fuel and the vent won't work. Use a straight fitting out from the side and route the hose back to the tank as best you can.

Cant you just add a rollover vent to the tank to help it vent?
Yes. I added a F-super Duty valve later on after I put my body lift on. If you put the F-Super Duty vent on with no body lift you'll squish it under the bed. I broke one doing this, soon as I jacked the tank into place the valve shattered against the bed. That's a great valve, nice and big and has roll-over protection, but you really need a flat bed or body lift to use it.

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
Perfect. I have a flatbed lol

What's entailed with the f SD rollover valve? Works on both tanks? And do I have to drill the hole out bigger or does it just replace the normal one?

Last edited:

rat49f6

Reaction score
Could we just add another rollover valve somewhere in the tank and okumb it to the filler neck? Local race shop has roll over vents in stock

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
Could we just add another rollover valve somewhere in the tank and okumb it to the filler neck? Local race shop has roll over vents in stock

This is a very good idea. If this works I think it'll take off and I may be buying some for you and Doug lol

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score

Bump. Any more opinions?

I'll call them up Monday and see what the prices are like, Jim

Latest posts

Members online