Any of y'all raced these newer camaros?

AllanB

Reaction score
I have someone that is wanting to race. The thing is, my truck is 2wd. So there are some tractions issues there(working on this). All I have done in a performance stand point is intake, 5"exhaust dpf/doc delete, 4"dp, SCTlive with Eric's tuning. But I don't think this Camaro is an SS. So, have any of y'all run with these newer model Camaros and do I stand a chance, and this could possibly be a SS, but I don't think it is. I saw the car, I didn't see SS anywhere on it. But when he pulled the hood, it did have a rather large LS motor.

BK39

Reaction score
2wd.......that means he'll probably launch harder than you will. I'd bet on the camaro if the driver is half way decent.

Mpoage

Reaction score
Race him from a 30 roll with the tow/haul on with extreme race loaded up. Your truck will do work.

AllanB

Reaction score
Yeah, I also figure it will heavily depend on the first 60', most of the time it does. Gotta spring out some $ for Caltracs, and Trutracs.

AllanB

Reaction score
Race him from a 30 roll with the tow/haul on with extreme race loaded up. Your truck will do work.

Yeah I hear ya. If he gets me out of the whole, and I am sure he will and I will not be able to catch him. I will talk him to another one rolling from around 20. I will still spin a little, but not nearly as much. At 20mph, I spin a little. At stop, I lose probably 50% traction unless I ease up on it.

imelmo

Reaction score
Not 2wd, but this is me running a 2010 Camaro SS. Pretty sure it had at least exhaust because it sounded pretty tight and had some aesthetic touches as well. Didn't notice what he had for rear tires. Iirc I was only running like 12.0's then:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzhB7ZsiBBQ

Mpoage

Reaction score
Your truck is an ec sb right? It will pull harder up top than others due to less rolling resistance. I don't think you will have any problem smokin him.

Last edited:

powerjoke4life

Reaction score
Keep in mind the Camaro SS weights in at 3860 Lbs and makes 400BHP
I think it runs high 12's with a good driver or mid 13's with a decent driver.
Can you beat that?

Mpoage

Reaction score
Keep in mind the Camaro SS weights in at 3860 Lbs and makes 400BHP
I think it runs high 12's with a good driver or mid 13's with a decent driver.
Can you beat that?
1st there gonna make about 330-350 at the wheels and Allan's truck will probly weigh right at 6900 pounds depending on what he has in the truck and how much fuel it has.
2nd that 6.4 is gonna make about 585 at the rear wheels.
CCSB 4x4 trucks will run high to mid 12's depending on how the trucks setup. There is no doudt in my mind that his truck will walk that car.

AllanB

Reaction score
Your truck is an ec sb right? It will pull harder up top than others due to less rolling resistance. I don't think you will have any problem smokin him.

Yes, my truck is a short bed EC, and yes it pulls really hard up top. About 75mph it is at 2400rpm's and that must be right starting of peak powerband. It does good up to 75/80, but at about 80mph, I am in last gear, TC locked, and it starts to pull real hard from there to about 130mph. The reason I went from a full 4 door
4wd running 37's (avitar). Drop about 2k of weight off, get the traction problems taken care of, should be fairly quick then.
As far as getting into the 13's, I haven't gone to the track and not planning to untill I put some Caltracs and Lockers on the rear. But I am pretty sure I am somewhere in the 13's

mike@haller's

Reaction score
our bone stock camaro dynod 345hp to the wheels and run a best of 13.4 is all. We have a customer though with headers, full exhaust and cam with efi live tuning. That made 450hp to the wheels on fuel and ran 11.59 at bandimere with a little spray.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online