Anybody heard of his shop?

Monster12valve

Reaction score
If this is posted in the wrong section, I apologize. I finally found a shop near me, it is Turner Diesel Performance. Has anybody heard of it? I can't find anything about them, there website doesn't say much. I went and talked to the owner, he sounds knowledgable but talk is cheap. I have never had anybody but myself work on my trucks... Ever... But I am way to busy to tackle the work I need done. Any help would be great.

Monster12valve

Reaction score
I have already talked to them. The owner told me " if you want a high horse power truck, your going to need to find another shop. If you want a typical 6.0 solution kit installed on the truck, we can help you with that" and they don't o ring heads, "there is no need for them" that's what rosewood said....sounds like They stick to the 7.3. I am debating just shipping it over to MPD if I can't find a local shop that I trust.... $500 each way to ship it is gonna suck though.

Monster12valve

Reaction score
Because my plan is for 600-650 hp on fuel and I would like to spray it on occasion, so I figured o rings will make the truck a lot more reliable then studs alone with spray

slc dzl

Reaction score
Oem gaskets and true flat "decked" heads with proper assembly has been proven on some higher hp 6.0 trucks. Just a thought to save $

Dave

Reaction score
Absolutely no reason to O ring heads at 650rwhp. Just use OEM gaskets and make sure the heads are flat

Monster12valve

Reaction score
Thank you all for the advice.... I'm o-ringing the heads though... In my opinion if you take the heads off and plan on more horse power.... Why would you not ring the heads... I prefer that extra insurance. I will prob end up just calling MPD and shipping the truck there in the next month or so.

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Thank you all for the advice.... I'm o-ringing the heads though... In my opinion if you take the heads off and plan on more horse power.... Why would you not ring the heads... I prefer that extra insurance. I will prob end up just calling MPD and shipping the truck there in the next month or so.

I'm pretty sure o rings have their own inherent set of issues. But, it's your engine.

Monster12valve

Reaction score
No I haven't talked to them yet. The truck sees about 5k miles a year, and is strictly a "toy". The truck will see street, strip ( maybe 2-3 times a year) and haul my 7klb camper 2 times a year ( I have another truck I haul the camper with when camping close to home). I have studded every other truck I have owned and never had any issues, and all my other trucks were daily driven and hauled heavy daily.

Reaction score
Not a big o-ring fan here either. O-ring heads are kind of an old school thing that were used when people couldn't find any other way to make them hold. Not necessary IMO. But it's your truck.

DZL JIM

Reaction score
I have already talked to them. The owner told me " if you want a high horse power truck, your going to need to find another shop. If you want a typical 6.0 solution kit installed on the truck, we can help you with that" and they don't o ring heads, "there is no need for them" that's what rosewood said....sounds like They stick to the 7.3. I am debating just shipping it over to MPD if I can't find a local shop that I trust.... $500 each way to ship it is gonna suck though.

FWIW we do plenty of 6.0 work, and 7.3 stuff, we just don't get involved with any custom high horsepower builds like what you want.

Latest posts

Members online