anybody run cfm plus intake on 7.3

Stroker f-250

Reaction score
since i was only building 12-14 pounds of boost i thought i would see if i needed more airflow so i put cfm plus intake on, after i put it on i test drove my pickup and it now only builds 6 pounds of boost and smokes bad.. and ive taken it off and inspected it like 5 times and it all looks good..any suggestions

moose99psd

Reaction score
have you tried to put the stocker back on? and what lead you to belive that the intake y would gain you boost? i would be looking at uppipes and building a leak detector and looking for boost leaks

Stroker f-250

Reaction score
i have put the stock one back on and i got back up to 12 again,,and i didnt put it on to gain boost i put it on to flow little more air,,the elbow on cfm is a bigger space for air to flow so i shouldnt see increase in boost with it i should see like a pound less if anything, just more air flow

ChunderDownUnder

Reaction score
I would be looking around you Y pipe. Since messing with it made a difference. Boots, clamps, plenum. Spray some soapy water around those parts and look for bubbles.

Stroker f-250

Reaction score
i took my intercooler pipes off and all 4 boots cleaned them and they are in good shape..ive made sure my clamps were tight and my oring is new on my turbo.

ChunderDownUnder

Reaction score
You checked the plenums ?? If so the up pipes. might be time to make ya self a boost leak detector. Put some pressure in the system and check again.

Stroker f-250

Reaction score
ill check the upipes because that might be why i got 14 pounds of boost after i pulled turbo,,but why is it that i can go from 14 pounds with stock intake to cfm intake and get 6

bad12jr

Reaction score
Larger volume less pressure. Boost isn't everything. A stock charger can spin to 40 lbs but a slightly bigger charger can move a larger amount of air with less pressure.

Sent from my x2 somewhere

TRUBBS

Reaction score
Larger volume less pressure. Boost isn't everything. A stock charger can spin to 40 lbs but a slightly bigger charger can move a larger amount of air with less pressure.

Bingo.
Boost is a measure of restriction not airflow

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Did you swap the O ring from one to the other, or make sure it is staying in the turbo grove?

Did you plug all the extra ports that they add to the Y pipe?

Your not going to drop 6psi with that dumb intake, its something else.

Powersmokin32

Reaction score
Did you swap the O ring from one to the other, or make sure it is staying in the turbo grove?

X2 I ran the cfm manifold and lost several pounds of boost since I didn't get the new Oring in the groove right. But as far as the manifold goes, I ran 27psi out of a stock charger. Same psi with the stock manifold.

CFM manifolds are not worth the money in my opinion. I should had put the money towards a T-4 style turbo rather than wasting my money. Just my .02

Stroker f-250

Reaction score

thats why i said this on first page,,i have put the stock one back on and i got back up to 12 again,,and i didnt put it on to gain boost i put it on to flow little more air,,the elbow on cfm is a bigger space for air to flow so i shouldnt see increase in boost with it i should see like a pound less if anything, just more air flow

yes i have plugged everything in and made sure new oring was in the good and not messed up,,ive taken the thing off and put it on like 5 times and all looks good and still nothing

X2 I ran the cfm manifold and lost several pounds of boost since I didn't get the new Oring in the groove right. But as far as the manifold goes, I ran 27psi out of a stock charger. Same psi with the stock manifold.

CFM manifolds are not worth the money in my opinion. I should had put the money towards a T-4 style turbo rather than wasting my money. Just my .02

true and i shouldnt have waisted the money on it but i too have stupid moments :fustrate:

Bigsexy

Reaction score
I have the same issue right now, except I found my plenums leaking, ripped everything out and resealed the plenums and still have the same problem

skylinedan

Reaction score
I have one on mine, last week I did some checking. Its only ever made about 25 26 lbs of boost since I did the rebuild last fall, and went to a 1.15 non WG housing. I found the powder coating got hot and the pressure form the hose looked like it squeeze it out. Had a wrinkled look to it right next to the boot, I grab the Y and it wigled around in the boots. It took about a half turn at least to get it tight, took it out and in the 120 tune I,m seeing 31 32 lbs. Still getting hot though, I think it got to about 1200 1250 in a hurry. the set up has allways been kinda lazy, but thats the nature of it. after getting things tightened back up I,d say it,s a bit more responsive. For the money, its not worth it when it come to gains in performance, but for the bling factor its ok I guess. We spend a lot of money on rims, and they do nothing for Hp gains so I guess this thing could be put in the same group as rims. Just my 2 cents worth though

Dan

Latest posts

Members online