anybody run cfm plus intake on 7.3

Stroker f-250

Reaction score
I have the same issue right now, except I found my plenums leaking, ripped everything out and resealed the plenums and still have the same problem

Yea I saw your thread and I've been keeping up with it to see what your problem is.hope u get it fixed

I have one on mine, last week I did some checking. Its only ever made about 25 26 lbs of boost since I did the rebuild last fall, and went to a 1.15 non WG housing. I found the powder coating got hot and the pressure form the hose looked like it squeeze it out. Had a wrinkled look to it right next to the boot, I grab the Y and it wigled around in the boots. It took about a half turn at least to get it tight, took it out and in the 120 tune I,m seeing 31 32 lbs. Still getting hot though, I think it got to about 1200 1250 in a hurry. the set up has allways been kinda lazy, but thats the nature of it. after getting things tightened back up I,d say it,s a bit more responsive. For the money, its not worth it when it come to gains in performance, but for the bling factor its ok I guess. We spend a lot of money on rims, and they do nothing for Hp gains so I guess this thing could be put in the same group as rims. Just my 2 cents worth though

Yea It does more looks than anything because I got the red elbow on the cfm and I painted my ic pipes red so it all looks good..just doesn't run right

Dan

check that map sensor rubber line mine was giving me problems when i put a afe blade runner on

I checked that and it looks fine..I sprayed soapy water on it all lastnight and still couldn't find anything

neverkickn

Reaction score
I checked that and it looks fine..I sprayed soapy water on it all lastnight and still couldn't find anything

Did you presurize the charge air system with shop air first?

Not trying to be a dik but didn't see you mention that. FYI, I am sure someone on ebay would take that intake of your hands so you could get some cash back to put to something more useful. Just for giggles, have you pulled the intake on the charger to look at and feel the compressor wheel?

Stroker f-250

Reaction score
http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/cyb_banners/cptruckBannerAd1.gif

Did you presurize the charge air system with shop air first?

Not trying to be a dik but didn't see you mention that. FYI, I am sure someone on ebay would take that intake of your hands so you could get some cash back to put to something more useful. Just for giggles, have you pulled the intake on the charger to look at and feel the compressor wheel?

yes i have checked the wheel and play on my turbo and its all fine,,,found the problem anyways,,my ebpv plug was broke,i didnt think that was the problem, i mentioned i broke it in my other thread "boost issue" but nobody said anything so i thought it couldnt be it

Latest posts

Members online