Anyone ever had a fuel pump short?

c3ncal559

Reaction score
Hey there, I'm been having issue with my truck not firing up, some times it take a few cranks , it would start n die instantly, again after a few cranks it would start and run normally , no stall or loss of power, smoke or spudder, I get a po231 which is secondary fuel pump circuit low, checked fuse, inertia switch, there days it go without doing it and there days it do it, seems like it's getting worse, I have fuel filters I was going to change out but notice that the pervious owner must had a leak and used silicone around the cap , just picked up a new cap haven't change it out yet, this morning @ 5:30 when I got off I didn't think I was coming home truck would fire up and die after about 8-10 times it fired up and ran fine, let it sit for 7 hrs or so when and started right up took it to the diesel shop they hooked up the scan tool nothing cause I cleared the code, oh and when it throws a code and I drive it for a bit without it not starting , it will clear itself out, I'm stuck, don't want to hear it from the wife saying I told you so lol she was against getting it, only had it for a few weeks
Anyone had this issue?
Any help I would sure appreciate it

c3ncal559

Reaction score
I figured it out just to let people know, since I put my truck back to stock it hasn't done it, well once but it been a week , my sct was cause my truck to start and die , sct says it cause it , waiting for a solution

jtgf250

Reaction score
May need to update the sct. I've been told with the live wire your really need to update it once a month to keep up with it. The last update I did when I got my 6.0 it had 628 updates. Not sure how long it had been since the last one though.

c3ncal559

Reaction score
Well it just done it Again on stock fuel pump isn't kicking on , has 10-11v to the pump , I believe the relay bad

c3ncal559

Reaction score
I gave the fuse block a whack with my fist and the pump started working , then fired the truck up and ran it for a bit then **** it off and same thing another whack n pump started to cycle , now it completely stopped so I thin the relay has enough n fully gave

c3ncal559

Reaction score
Replace the circuit fuse block under the dash that has the fuel relay , fixed , wanted to post my fix solution since I see a lot of post that doesn't hope it helps out othera

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.