Anyone ever use a Flowmaster on 6.4?

nvrsatisfied84

Reaction score
Basically I got a 08 6.4 f-450 with 4"dp back to duals with a small pass thru muffler and what the mad hair dryer sound to go away. I was thinking maybe a chamber flowmaster could possible change it. Anyone have any experience?

sootie

Reaction score
an FTE resonator works or an aeroturbine muffler

nvrsatisfied84

Reaction score
well I guess flo-pro gives you the fte resonator as a muffler because that's what my muffler looks like exactly

fnlyfree

Reaction score
I don't think you can get a flowmaster big enough

I had some 5" inlet/outlet outlaw series Flowmasters on one of my drag cars (not diesel). I'm still not sure those will get the results you are looking for.

Last edited:

footlong70

Reaction score
Flowmaster has their "pro-series" mufflers which is what use to be known as their "hushpower" line. They are meant for higher hp diesels without the all the noise. At least that's how they advertise them. They are available from 3"in/out to 5"in/out. I bought a 4" a few years ago when I first deleted. Excessive noise and hairdryer sound is very minimal even with stacks right by your head. Yet a very nice, firm, diesel rumble/whistle throughout the rpm range. I like it.

Coposrv

Reaction score
A few years ago I put a chambered flow master on my mustang to quiet it down a little bit. After a few pulls during tuning I cut it off and picked up 70 rear wheel HP. Turbo cars especially like to breathe. I would stick with something that flows straight through.

Reaction score
5" single with aero muffler (the xl version) makes a 6.4 sound beautiful.. My 6.0 has flowmaster and it doesn't sound good..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.