anyone have a clue

strokenbilly

Reaction score
Ok this is whats going on when i build boost and let off the brake and smash pedal to the floor truck stops running,unless i let off the pedal.Now i can floor it without building boost and it takes off like a bat out of hell. I have put a air pressure valve or what ever you call them in before it gets to the map sensor and didnt help.I was told to do that because it was seeing a overboost. I have no clue how to fix this but it wasnt doing this when i first put in the dp tuner now it is.

907DAVE

Reaction score
Sounds like a converter/ trans problem....or something in the tuning.

Does the truck lurch forward when it quits?

strokenbilly

Reaction score
No it acts like it runs out of fuel but like I say I can put the peddle to the floor without building my boost and it gets on with it. When I first put the DP tuner in it would build boost and take off great but now it will cut off if you hold the peddle down

farmall99

Reaction score
It may have something to do with the TPS. I know when I put my foot through the firewall pushing as hard as I can, it'll shut the truck off much like what you say. I think it has something to do with pushing the pedal/sensor past its limit and it kills the truck. Also when that happens the CEL will come on and then go back off when I let out of it. You may try not smashing your foot through the firewall and roll into it to WOT.

golfer

Reaction score
..good advice so far...

but I'll add to check that the IPR nut is secured to the back of the IPR valve...

Latest posts

Members online