Anyone have a lopey exhaust tone

TXlineman83

Reaction score
Does anyone have a sound clip or video of their exhaust. In particular one that's running gearhead tunes. My truck has a lope almost to it at idle. I believe it's helping me confirm the HP VGT problems.

NathannialD

Reaction score
As many problems as you have been having why not take the truck to a reputable shop to help diag all these issues you are having? I feel like the money spent will save you a lot of money in the long run. Just my $.02

TXlineman83

Reaction score
As many problems as you have been having why not take the truck to a reputable shop to help diag all these issues you are having? I feel like the money spent will save you a lot of money in the long run. Just my $.02

I do have that in my plans. I just have to find time to get it to one. I do have a stock VGT on the way I was going to swap out for the elite 59 in it now. I was asking about exhaust note bc someone who works at a performance shop heard my truck at a gas station and asked about the way it was sounding. When I told him he mentioned the lopey sound and such.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
do you have the ac on? i know my truck has a very very slight lope when the ac is on at idle, i have matts tunes

I'll have to take a video this afternoon and post it. It does it with or with out AC on. It's a totally different exhaust time if I unplug the VGT too. Much deeper constant throaty sound. So idk. I picked it up from the shop the other day. They spent 2weeks and used every available option to them to try and troubleshoot the issue with no success. Every test they ran was within appropriate ford specs

Whitezotti

Reaction score
you dont have any aftermarket injectors by any chance. i talked to matt and he said he has problems tuning around the spill port being plugged. but i also have a 6.0

sootie

Reaction score
you dont have any aftermarket injectors by any chance. i talked to matt and he said he has problems tuning around the spill port being plugged. but i also have a 6.0

no go there...this is a common rail 6.4

TXlineman83

Reaction score
Man you still haven't got that thing figured out. That sucks. Maybe its possessed lol

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Yeah. I've had it in two shops. Both have not been able to figure it out. One shop had IDS on it for hours and the other used On Demand by Snap on. One of the shops have 650HP twin turbo mustangs they race and the other has a 6.4 stroke they race. So I figured both shops to be reputable with the size they are And the amount of buisness they had. Furthermore the one who has the diesel race truck also deals with Matt at gearhead so he's familiar with the setup I have for the most part.

Last edited:

Whitezotti

Reaction score
yea i know its a 6.4 i just wasnt sure if the 6.4 had a spill port for the fuel not the oil like the 6.0 injectors do. not to familiar with 6.4 dont have one. my brother does. ive only had a 93 cummmins and 7.3 and 6.0

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.