Anyone interested in a DYI Billet 66mm OBS-E99 Kit

MossBack

Reaction score
This thread has me sold, my turbo doesn't like the 44 psi it sees now on my 180/80's. I have my intercooler and efuel ready to go, hpop I have saved for, now just the turbo remains. Can I get a pm on the full rebuild for an obs? I'm in Ontario Canada too.

rob

You won't be disappointed I have sold 5 of these now to my friends and they are awesome! James makes a great product...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Slimline

Reaction score
Glad to hear it. My turbo is holding out, but I'd rather not destroy it. Should I be worried about any parts not replaced with this kit? Do the center sections or anything typically Need replacement or service? I have some shaft play on mine but no rubbing.

Slimline

Reaction score
Last I checked I believe it was side to side. I haven't checked it since the injectors though. In and out indicates what exactly? Would in and out mean I need a replacement instead of the diy rebuild?

MossBack

Reaction score
Yes the last question was it! I have like 2 at the shop with bad plates. It had to do with the oil sealing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

bucklee00

Reaction score
Anyone tow 15k with this setup or a d66 non intercooled? Do these help the egt across the board or just during cruising speeds? I am having trouble keeping egt down on my obs with 160/80.

NRHX2009

Reaction score
Tuning plays a big roll. Egt's will come down under wot and cruising, but that initial lug will be a tad hotter until the turbo gets "lit" After that egt's will drop.

bucklee00

Reaction score
I'm running gearhead tunes. Everything seems to be in check. I can hit 34 lb boost in tow economy, and on flat ground holding 65 my egt are 500-600 F with 2-3 lb boost. But when i hook a load to it things get hot quick, even in the heavy tow grossing 11k.

Can you give an egt drop estimate? Is it good for 200 deg drop once it lights under normal operating conditions?

JD3020

Reaction score
I ran a Beans D66 with a cast 38r wheel, non-intercooled, bad up-pipe leaks, and i was grossing 20-22k fairly regularly over the winter. Truck did alright, EGT's got warm at times with my 250/200%'s but honestly i ignore the pyro 99% of the time. LOL Big thing is keeping RPM's up which is why i love 4.10's. Honestly just cruising around i doubt you'll see much of an EGT drop, intercool it if thats what you're after.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I'm running gearhead tunes. Everything seems to be in check. I can hit 34 lb boost in tow economy, and on flat ground holding 65 my egt are 500-600 F with 2-3 lb boost. But when i hook a load to it things get hot quick, even in the heavy tow grossing 11k.

Can you give an egt drop estimate? Is it good for 200 deg drop once it lights under normal operating conditions?
how hot is hot? cruising speed seems ok..

live life full throttle

bucklee00

Reaction score
I have 3:55 gears, and 32 in tires. Coming up Kentucky I64 grossing no more than 12k rolling 75 mph @ about 2500 rpm I could not keep the egt below 1300 in 5th many times. It has plenty of power, but it's hard to keep the egt down. At times I was down to 60 mph in 4th.

JD3020- when you pull heavy what rpm and boost and egt are you running? Are you doing 3000 + rpm all the way up the hill? I can try that but it just seems excessive.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I have 3:55 gears, and 32 in tires. Coming up Kentucky I64 grossing no more than 12k rolling 75 mph @ about 2500 rpm I could not keep the egt below 1300 in 5th many times. It has plenty of power, but it's hard to keep the egt down. At times I was down to 60 mph in 4th.

JD3020- when you pull heavy what rpm and boost and egt are you running? Are you doing 3000 + rpm all the way up the hill? I can try that but it just seems excessive.
let her breath man! couple miles at 3k rpm wont hurt. shift it earlier and keep rpm up and should be fine..

live life full throttle

JD3020

Reaction score
Yes, i keep RPM's high on hills. Hell one day i was racing my brother in his 6.slow, i had our 25ft GN with a Cat 304 mini-ex on it, he had our small trailer with our skid steer. I passed him doing 75, up-hill on a decent grade. IDK what RPM's were but 75mph, 3rd gear(auto), 33" tires, 4.10's. It was screaming. LOL But i highly highly suggest valve springs if you plan on doing that, especially with a D66. Backpressure can get high pretty quick.

bucklee00

Reaction score
I'm not afraid of letting it breathe, it just seems excessive for the 11k gross load. I'm taking another trip in oct and I'll report back.

idshred

Reaction score
Got my obs kit in the mail today. James had this shipped promptly and everything was packaged very professionally. Its gotta be damn near impossible to beat what James charges for this if you don't want to spend the money for a t4 setup. I'm stoked to get this on! By the time a guy bought a 1.0 housing, ww2, and a rebuild kit they wouldn't be far off the diy d66.

20141124_135053_resized.jpg

20141124_135045_resized.jpg

idshred

Reaction score
You might have yours done before me. I put my turbo together this morning but I probably wont have it on till feb. or march. I'm doing all my "build" at once and I need to send my injectors in. I'm getting close though! All I have left to buy is injectors and tank side stuff for my e-fuel.

The riff raff OBS turbo rebuild kit document was a huge help. Mainly with torque specs for everything and what to Loctite.

Reaction score
Very interested in this. Does it work on the stock turbo. About to put some 160/80's in it just worried about the turbo. Thanks in advance!!

Latest posts

Members online