Anyone on here? OPinions??

Barnabas

Reaction score
What do you guys think about this truck? good deal?

I know I would need to inquire about HG issues and whether or not studs had been done. Anyway to tell for myself if I go check it out?

I would plan to do a delete, studs and HG, intake, exhaust, programmer- as soon as I get any truck.

The 7.3 is up there in miles but runs great! I have just always really wanted a King ranch but just really dont wanna drop the coin for a newer low mile one.

All you 6.0 genius' weigh in here on the issues/non issues on the higher mileage ones :D

Trans reliability??

Thanks in advance!!

http://sellers.mota.com/mb30fc7

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...d=67297443&searchRadius=0&listingId=304525043

Barnabas

Reaction score
25947365891.304525043.IM1.04.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

25947365892.304525043.IM1.05.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

25947365886.304525043.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

25947365887.304525043.IM1.02.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

25947365888.304525043.IM1.03.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

Barnabas

Reaction score
just noticed on the options list it has a moon roof and power rear glass.

Any issues with leaks on the roof or motors going up on the windows. I have read lots of stuff on the forums just have always owned a 7.3 so trying to do my due diligence before buying again.

or do i need to just save my pennies for something newer :cursing:

Extended Power

Reaction score
If you are good at "Hands-on" type work, and aren't affraid to do some work to get the engine reliable, I'd buy it...though it is priced on the high side for the amount of miles on it.

If you are someone who takes your vehicle into a shop when something goes wrong...stay away from 6.0L's alltogether, as it would be cheaper to own a brand new truck, if you end up buying a lemon.

Barnabas

Reaction score
If you are good at "Hands-on" type work, and aren't affraid to do some work to get the engine reliable, I'd buy it...though it is priced on the high side for the amount of miles on it.

If you are someone who takes your vehicle into a shop when something goes wrong...stay away from 6.0L's alltogether, as it would be cheaper to own a brand new truck, if you end up buying a lemon.

im 50/50 I do most stuff myself but bigger things I usually drop it off to the shop.

besides the normal studs/gaskets delete is there other stuff im missing? or more that needs to be added to the list for the mileage?

CCRICE

Reaction score

:whs:, That is a clean looking truck though. Studs and delete are the two common things people do, with it being an '07 i believe you said you are going to want to get a tuner as when you delete the EGR its going to throw a CEL. The truck will run fine with the CEL on but will fail an inspection for that alone. Other than those two there are plenty of other things you can do to increase reliability but aren't "required" per say.

Barnabas

Reaction score
thanks guys :) Hard to find many clean KR's i may look at lariats too just to widen the playing field a bit.

Think its worth the extra money to just step up to a 6.4??

baddkarmaracing

Reaction score
thanks guys :) Hard to find many clean KR's i may look at lariats too just to widen the playing field a bit.

Think its worth the extra money to just step up to a 6.4??

If you can swing the extra coin the 6.4 is very worth it over a 6.0. I had an 04 6.0, I loved that truck but after buying the 6.4 I'm not sure I could ever go back

Barnabas

Reaction score
I just dont want to spend it hahah I "could" go buy a 6.7 but i cant justify spending that coin cuz im a cheap bastard.

But if its worth it in the long run and save me all the little expenses, and as i read more and more it may just be worth it.

Just waiting to see a little bit more reliability reports. Whatever I get will get a 4 or 6" lift, larger tires, rims, and programmed, with basic bolt ons. so Im not looking to get crazy just want something that is gonna run right 100% of the time and not let me down.

My 7.3 has fit that role perfect but im wanting something newer with allot more features:D

Barnabas

Reaction score
If anyone can find me a <150k miles 6.4 *CC* lariat 4x4 prefer long bed but isnt a must I need at least a 6' bed. would "like" to stay under $25k but i can swing some coin in either direction. I leave this week to go out of town for 3 weeks when i get back ill be ready to make a move on something. Im in NOOOOO rush though so i can wait for the right deal :)

If I get a 6.0 it will have to be a king ranch or harley edition i think.

bkfireman07

Reaction score
I'm not trying to burst your bubble that seems a little high in price for that milage. I bought my 05 with 97k, lariat, CC for 20,000 plus tax title. Id do some looking around

Barnabas

Reaction score
not bursting my bubble at all!!! thats why im on here. I want a great truck at a good price.

that 6.4 i listed is only 23k for a 2008 with 178k miles. obviously a better deal, but still looking...

I do love that king ranch interior though :D

Barnabas

Reaction score
no not a necessity. I do want a sun roof, all power options, leather seats and have to have a crew cab for the family.

i just love the dark leather look in the king ranch. I do like the dark leather lariats, not as big of a fan of the light tan ones.

Reaction score
you can always paint the interior and get custom covers done. I wanted a king ranch but i saved 12k by going away from a KR and taking 29k more miles on it. Realized I didn't need the sun roof or nav. plus the KR I was looking at had 3 water pumps, 2 radiators, 1 power steering pump and other little odds and ends on the carfax/oasis.

The 08 I bought only had tire recalls done on it nothing else.

bkfireman07

Reaction score
I like the KR's too but my truck had everything except the different color seats an dash cover plus no adjustable pedals. I plan on getting seat covers any ways so my seats dont get all tore up. Might be another option for you to look at too

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.