Anyone running 40's on 8" of lift on 2011+ trucks?

The Butcher

Reaction score
Anyone running a 40" tire on a 2011+ with only 8" of lift? If so, can you send some pictures of how much you had to trim off the wheel well and front bumper? Also, please list your wheel width and BS. I'm currently clearing 38s on 8" of lift with no trimming at all. I think I can fit 40s, but not sure how much I'd have to trim to do so. Thanks.

CUZICAN

Reaction score
I've seen it done on super swamper m16's on 11" wide wheels and on toyo m/t's on 10" wide wheels, with some trimming of the pinch weld, lower valance, and removal of an unnecessary bracket on the bottom of the front bumper. That said, it was fine for street driving, but it was close enough that I wouldn't venture that far off road.

Last edited:

The Butcher

Reaction score
I've seen it done on super swamper m16's on 11" wide wheels and on toyo m/t's on 10" wide wheels, with some trimming of the pinch weld, lower valance, and removal of an unnecessary bracket on the bottom of the front bumper. That said, it was fine for street driving, but it was close enough that I wouldn't venture that far off road.

That's what I like about the 38s... no rubbing. Might be reason enough to keep the 38s...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.