Anyone use Diesel Kleen?

fordboy11

Reaction score
i use it throw a little in when i fill up it seems to help ob mpg but other than that can't tell much of a diffrence on startup or idle.. but acording to research its darn good for our trucks

TripleE44

Reaction score
The few bottles I've tried, have made my MPG actually go down. :confused:

Edit: Guess I should rephrase that. The few bottles I've used, my MPG was lower than normal. Could've been a coincidence though.

Last edited:

abbottfarms

Reaction score
I never use "diesel kleen" however I buy power-service(white bottle) by the 5 gallon pail, run it in my pick-ups, and big trucks year round.

Atsah

Reaction score
I never use "diesel kleen" however I buy power-service(white bottle) by the 5 gallon pail, run it in my pick-ups, and big trucks year round.

The Power Service diesel kleen is the same product Dave.. I use the white bottle as well, just in winter though.. I use Ford cetane additive year round..

abbottfarms

Reaction score
Mark, "diesel Kleen" grey bottle, and power service "diesel fuel supplement +cetane boost" (white bottle) are different, the gray bottle does nothing but add cetane, and lubrication. The White bottle disperses water as well as doing what the grey bottle does. (along with all the winter time stuff it does)

The ford stuff is good, I do run it in my pickup pretty often.

Dave

Atsah

Reaction score
Mark, "diesel Kleen" grey bottle, and power service "diesel fuel supplement +cetane boost" (white bottle) are different, the gray bottle does nothing but add cetane, and lubrication. The White bottle disperses water as well as doing what the grey bottle does. (along with all the winter time stuff it does)

The ford stuff is good, I do run it in my pickup pretty often.

Dave

Oop's, you are correct Dave.. :doh:

tensixniner

Reaction score
I'm using the Ford performance improver.

Whatever your using make sure it doesn't contain any alcohol.

wildstang3

Reaction score
Where did you read that there were a difference between the grey and white bottles? I read em label for label and they were identical!

I use the white bottle only time I ever had issues was when I forgot to put it in and it hit -10 degrees

abbottfarms

Reaction score
Where did you read that there were a difference between the grey and white bottles? I read em label for label and they were identical!

I use the white bottle only time I ever had issues was when I forgot to put it in and it hit -10 degrees
White bottle is what I run also...here it is..

Gray bottle (off there website)
Prevents injector sticking in High Pressure Common Rail (HPCR) systems
Cleans dirty injectors
Boosts cetane up to 6 numbers — engines run smoother with less power lag and faster cold starts
Decreases fuel consumption up to 8% — fuel savings exceed cost of additive
Boosts power — reduces need for downshifting during high-load conditions
Contains Slickdiesel® for maximum fuel lubrication — protects fuel injectors and pumps against accelerated wear from Low and Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel (ULSD) fuels
Prevents thermal breakdown of diesel fuel — protects against sludge formation that plugs fuel-filters and injectors
Stabilizes stored fuel
ULSD Compliant — contains less than 15 parts per million (ppm) sulfur
Effective in all diesel fuels, including ULSD and biodiesel
White bottle (off there website)
Winter Performance Benefits:

Prevents fuel gelling in temperatures as low as -40°F.
Equals performance of a 50/50 blend of No. 2 and No. 1 diesel fuels
Lowers Cold-Filter Plugging Point (CFPP) as much as 36°F. — keeps fuel-filters from plugging with wax
Boosts cetane up to 4 numbers for faster cold starts
Contains anti-icing additives — protects against fuel-filter icing
Contains wax anti-settling dispersants — protects against fuel-filter plugging at temperatures below the fuel cloud point

Year-Around Performance Benefits:

Contains Slickdiesel® for maximum fuel lubrication — protects fuel injectors and pumps against accelerated wear from Low and Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel (ULSD) fuels
Boosts cetane up to 4 numbers — engines run smoother with less power lag
Boosts power — reduces need for downshifting during high-load conditions
Keeps fuel injectors clean — including High Pressure Common Rail (HPCR) injectors
Decreases fuel consumption — fuel savings exceed cost of additive
Disperses water in diesel fuel
Improves diesel fuel’s resistance to thermal and oxidative degradation — protects against sludge formation that plugs fuel-filters and injectors
ULSD compliant — contains less than 15 parts per million (ppm) sulfur
Effective in all diesel fuels, including ULSD and biodiesel blends containing up to 20% biodiesel (B20)

wildstang3

Reaction score
Thanks for posting that I never did any checking on it but if you look at the bottles they are identicle except for the color.

Brads93 idi

Reaction score
I used it one time in my idi and it didn't like it one bit smoked more than normal ( worse than a dodge with a programer) but I tried 2 stroke oil and it was just as bad but trany fluid I've found to work best as in running smothe better mpg and less injector noise but thats my truck in warm weather y'all all have newer trucks and cooler temps

Latest posts

Members online