appearently, 6.0's love good oil and fuel

DSTRYER

Reaction score
so, as some of you know, i was complaining of my truck showing symptoms of a bad ficm and possible hpop...well, my ex wife had told me that i couldn't afford to do an oil change when we were married...truck ran for 15k with the same oil, started showing injector problems. parked the truck until i could afford injector. decided one day, since it's just sitting there, not burning fuel, i can change the oil. put 2 cans of rev x in the oil, started it, drove it for a while, ran fine. then is started showing symptoms of hpop/ficm issues, started looking for parts and scheduling maintenance. My brother of all people said "how old is the fuel?" and put a diesel additive in it. truck runs great now!!! Bottom line, DO YOUR DAMN MAINTENANCE ON YOUR 6.0!!!! It will save you in the long run! Also, never over think your vehicle symptoms, sometimes it's the cheapest, and easiest fix. But you guys already knew that. I just had to learn the hard way.

rray37375

Reaction score
Maintenance is the key to a good running 6.0, along with NOT babying the engine. Change the oil on schedule, use good quality fuel, and get rid of the time bomb that is the stock EGR cooler, you and your truck will have a happy life. Working on putting 200,000 miles on mine.

Mdub707

Reaction score
5k miles on oil changes, no exceptions (that's what I do, others go a little longer, but no one does 15k that I know of) and use only motorcraft/international/racor oil filters. When's the last time you changed the fuel filters on it?

Atsah

Reaction score
"you can't afford to do an oil change on your oil driven truck" is grounds for divorce..

DSTRYER

Reaction score
^^^part of the reason she is an "ex" wife...did the fuel filters at the same time as well

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.