Arp head studs

V-Ref

Reaction score
One of your biggest risks is FOD. Just keep everything clean. Clean the VCs and Head before you pull the VCs off. Keep your tools clean as you work. Keep your parts clean as you install. Clean before reassembly. I'm sure you get the point. Clean, inspect, use a torque wrench, and as was said above, plan enough time so you don't have rush.

Tncoalroller88

Reaction score
thanks guys i should be getting the studs sometime tomorow but ill probrabaly be putting my clutch in all day so i will prob be taking this challange on in the next week or two i really appreciate all u guys input u guys rock

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
thanks guys i should be getting the studs sometime tomorow but ill probrabaly be putting my clutch in all day so i will prob be taking this challange on in the next week or two i really appreciate all u guys input u guys rock

with the transmission out it would be even easier to do the studs....

Have fun!!!

cutlass

Reaction score
Quick question on doing the hot re-torque of the ARP's. Does this require jacking the engine up or not?

Thanks,
Drake

V-Ref

Reaction score
A 3" extension between your torque wrench and the socket should assist you in clearing the installed valves/springs, but still allow you to squeak the torque wrench in on the bottom couple studs near the aft of the motor without jacking up the motor.

cutlass

Reaction score
A 3" extension between your torque wrench and the socket should assist you in clearing the installed valves/springs, but still allow you to squeak the torque wrench in on the bottom couple studs near the aft of the motor without jacking up the motor.

Thanks. Good to know that I don't need to jack the motor.

TARM

Reaction score
Yeh tilting the motor is only to get clearnace to fit the stud in.

Black 02

Reaction score
Quick question on doing the hot re-torque of the ARP's. Does this require jacking the engine up or not?

Thanks,
Drake

ARP does not recommend a hot retorque on their new studs. Just installed a set myself. There is a sequence to use and that is it.

No hot retorque required.

TARM

Reaction score
That is becuase of the new lube. Another issue according to Machinist is apparently the new lube cuases different bolt stretch at the same tq so its a pita. Stil it does not hurt anything to do a ht retq. After all the work I would at the very least check a few and seeif you get any more turn after its hot. If not then ok if you do then go thru them all.

Latest posts

Members online