ARP studs reuse...

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Was going to swap heads... but my heads are scrap... SO its going to stay sealed up.

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
I've talked to arp on this, and they recommend to check them once installed to spec to see if they're stretched by checking them with a dial gauge to see the difference in height. But, if you only have two pulls on those I'd keep gettin it joe.
sent from the shop making things fly.....

TyCorr

Reaction score
Cracked...

And one of the valves was beat into the seat... Not sure how that happened. So I get to pay $100 at the shop to pick up $25 bucks worth of scrap...

That sucks man. Gets stupid expensive fast even doing shti on the cheap.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Yup... There is a reason Garrett jumped ship and went to a 6.0... He wanted to drive his truck rather then pay people to work on it.

Of course, he is still paying people to work on it so I am not sure what he gained...LOL

02BigD

Reaction score
Yup... There is a reason Garrett jumped ship and went to a 6.0... He wanted to drive his truck rather then pay people to work on it.

Of course, he is still paying people to work on it so I am not sure what he gained...LOL

Burn! :axe:

PTSUPERD

Reaction score

Wtf. LOL

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Honestly...yes the newer truck required attention.....but still day and night way more refined running comfortable truck with may more ameneties than I had before. Dont regret dumping my 7.3 for a second....and everyone knows how much I loved that truck.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Ford has released 3 newer model trucks since the 7.3. They have a car lot where you live, Joe?

To keep it on track; I never reuse ARP's. Not saying you can't, I just don't ever want to risk it. All it takes is one, tiny little thing to go wrong and have you starting over when you are done.

Last edited:

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Honestly...yes the newer truck required attention.....but still day and night way more refined running comfortable truck with may more ameneties than I had before. Dont regret dumping my 7.3 for a second....and everyone knows how much I loved that truck.

You know I was just messing.

If I could afford it I would park my truck and just drive it on the weekends and such and have a 6.0 or 6.4 CCLB work truck.

Of course it would be damn near stock and stay that way... Wait... I think you said that too... LOL

Ford has released 3 newer model trucks since the 7.3. They have a car lot where you live, Joe?

To keep it on track; I never reuse ARP's. Not saying you can't, I just don't ever want to risk it. All it takes is one, tiny little thing to go wrong and have you starting over when you are done.

Ya ya... Its all about money. Three kids on a super's wage is tight.

I will see what ARP says. I dont want to piss away $500 bucks for nothing.

PatMan

Reaction score
Just my $.02.
As was said - they can be reused 'if' they have not been 1) recommend tq hasn't been exceeded, 2) stretched, 3) feel spongy or feel like it's not getting to tq spec.
With that said, H11's are for sure reusable.

Latest posts

Members online