I would have pissed me off to no end if my motor showed up in that condition
Hint = something you would never see if you ordered a long block

AshevilleEngine.com

Reaction score
I take back my Ashville endorsement
I just had a long discussion with someone and had some pictures shown to me

I would have pissed me off to no end if my motor showed up in that condition
Hint = something you would never see if you ordered a long block

Zmann, Most of the shops that we deal with started doing business with us because of the quality finish that they found when they unwrapped our engine after a customer had one shipped to their shop.
I'd love to see what pictures that you are talking about since we have not had anybody complain about the condition of how their engine showed up. Tell the guy to email them to me at [email protected]
Thanks,
Rob

strokin6L

Reaction score
My .020 over short block with RCD billet stage 2 from Asheville was beautifully wrapped and packaged when it arrived.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1469481538185.jpg
    FB_IMG_1469481538185.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 240

ghohouston

Reaction score
I believe that "complaint" may be mine, if this ashville is the same aer company that supplies fords reman motors, they are crap. We had a fleet of over 400 powerstrokes, and got all remans from ford, which aer built for them. We couldnt get 100k out of any one of the engines, 6 0's or 7.3's, had rod bolts break, loose compression by 100k, etc. I would not recommend them.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Ok thanks. I just got another under 100 miles failure. This time on a 6.4, it crumbled a rocker arm to pieces

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Id love to, but a 3 year warranty that pays me for the work done @ full shop rate is hard to find.

and also, no one else offers complete running besides jasper(lol) and reviva(LMAO)

Last edited:

co04cobra

Reaction score
Id love to, but a 3 year warranty that pays me for the work done @ full shop rate is hard to find.

and also, no one else offers complete running besides jasper(lol) and reviva(LMAO)

You had that bad of luck from fomocos short block? I have a customer that needs one right now and I'm very leery after all these kind of stories.

04stroker

Reaction score
You had that bad of luck from fomocos short block? I have a customer that needs one right now and I'm very leery after all these kind of stories.

Been hearing A LOT of bad from Ford reman engines (AER) recently. I do not think I would touch them.

On a side note I installed a complete 6.0 drop in long block from Jasper that had studs (customers choice). Truck has ran beautifully for several years and thousands of miles now.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
We've been selling Ford remans for a very long time. It's very hit or miss. We only buy complete and running though. Reviva we use for long blocks and we have fully removed Jasper from our catalog. They costed us ALOT of customers.

2stangs8689

Reaction score
Zmann, Most of the shops that we deal with started doing business with us because of the quality finish that they found when they unwrapped our engine after a customer had one shipped to their shop.
I'd love to see what pictures that you are talking about since we have not had anybody complain about the condition of how their engine showed up. Tell the guy to email them to me at [email protected]
Thanks,
Rob

You were sent the pictures.

Yes please, would love to get some clarification

My short block showed up at my mechanics shop with rust/debris in almost every water jacket, one of the steam holes was completely plugged with rust.

I believe that "complaint" may be mine, if this ashville is the same aer company that supplies fords reman motors, they are crap. We had a fleet of over 400 powerstrokes, and got all remans from ford, which aer built for them. We couldnt get 100k out of any one of the engines, 6 0's or 7.3's, had rod bolts break, loose compression by 100k, etc. I would not recommend them.

No, it wasn't you.

It was my .020" over SB with Stage 2 cam.

Rob partially paid for my new oil cooler to be replaced, after it plugged up almost 2 weeks after we installed the short block and I was able to start driving it. My deltas were at 24-25 deg in 40 degree outside weather.

To say i was disappointed was a HUGE understatement, and if my truck wasn't tying up one of my mechanics lifts, I would have pushed the issue and sent it back, but Rob assured me he would stand behind my warranty 100%, no questions asked, and he would pay for the oil cooler replacement if it came had a issue after we installed the motor, and he did, after it failed.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Reminds me of reviva. I've drained gallons out of their motors and it's pure rust. They address it as just flush it out. Ooooooooooooook