At odds end with brake lights and blinkers.

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
So far have done the following,
-New relay(third one)
-Brake pressure application sensor
-Resistance of every connection within spec
-voltage drop is within spec also
-Followed all the wires no chaffing
-Found corrosion on some wires robbed some off a parts truck with brand new ones model year 2000 f250 ccsb no change
-Added dielectric grease to every connection,repaired damaged items corrected poor repairs.
-Checked for trouble codes with IDS and AE none were found.
-Even changed the bulbs and cleaned the connections.

I cannot keep the fuses in the truck for the length of my driveway(2/10ths of a mile) if I use my brakes to turn around I blow a fuse and my blinker I just do not really use them at all and it still blows out.

co04cobra

Reaction score
I would swap out the multifunction switch and clean ALL the grounds to start with.

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
Totally missed the multifunction and I cleaned most so I will finish them off thanks.

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
A little update the third brake light is not working, disconnected my multifunction drove around the yard some still blew out both of them(just wanted to eliminate that not sure if that is proper or not) and not sure what now I am leaning towards I trashed this relay also they keep melting inside for some odd reason the capacitors are melted right off also. I am running a 12v/20a relay as a factory replacement and cannot keep them in the truck.

mudslinger02

Reaction score
Check the wiring in the steering column. I know on the F150/Expeditions it is a common problem to have those wires pull out of the connectors.

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
It is another relay melted again checked the steering column was warm found a loose connector to something. Does anyone know the part# for a ford factory relay and what the other two relays are that would be located in the same relay box? All this cluster started to really happen after I removed the exhaust brake controller so now I am really kinda confused while tracing shyt around.

I truly think this is a case of the relay I have two 20A feeding that one relay yet it calls for a 12v/20A five prong to run the brake lights, blinkers and the four ways. I keep blowing the blinker and brake light fuse those two pull usually 11-14A each.

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
I am at the point of just parking it and getting a ***kin 6.0 as a beater for the winter. At this point it is fuses to the relay I have a mechanical version in atm it holds the fuses but the blinkers do not flash they are constantly on when I engage the switch.

Sent while speeding, pushing little cars off the road and having a fruit smoothie.

sootie

Reaction score
if you cant handle a 7.3, PLEASE dont buy a 6oh.

get a 94-98 12v and save us the bandwidth...

LOL

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
if you cant handle a 7.3, PLEASE dont buy a 6oh.

get a 94-98 12v and save us the bandwidth...

LOL

I lost track after 20 fuses trying to trace this issue, those trucks run more than I have in mine up here 8500-15000 the low end is for a rot bucket beater pull the block to swap it truck. Besides I should just put a new short block in my truck I am sick of dicking with it get my heads machined freshen up the the rest of the driveline. I have been putting 600-1000 miles a week on lately so sometimes I put 1200-1400 on. I am going to rebuild my axles, new wheel bearings, brake lines and steering box before the snow really flys. I suck at electrical I have very little understanding of it right now.

Sent while speeding, pushing little cars off the road and having a fruit smoothie.

Latest posts

Members online