at what hp level

mandkole

Reaction score
Dampers reduce/dampen crank angular and torsional vibration, they do not balance and out of balance motor condition. The CV is created by the firing order, cyl pressure and curve, etc. Its like a shock absorber acts on a spring--doesn't disallow/stop the movement, it just controls it. I cannot see where a properly balanced rotating assy would have any negative impact on how a properly operating damper works ,unless it some how created a resonance condition that could actually be felt.

In our belt tensioner business, we deal with CV management everyday. For example, CV on modern big truck engines is getting worse as the smaller displacement engines (12L for example) are driven across a wide performance curve and torque curves are lowered to gain fuel economy and further manage emissions. In turn, it makes it harder to manage everything attached to the crank.

Comparing all engine designs, the V8 (V engines in general) has the least amount of CV, then 6s , then 4 cylinders.

rsater1

Reaction score
thanks for the input ..EXACTLY what I was lookin for ..Im getting one ..I might not need it now ...BUT ill have it for when I need to REBUILD ..

TyCorr

Reaction score
That's because he unbalanced a balanced motor by putting a fluid dampener on it. I believe I read lincolnlocker had that problem with his motor and Morgan told him about the dampener on a balanced motor when he brought it there.

no, dipshti. Im saying that a balanced rotating assembly didnt seem to benefit from a tuneable dampener over the stock one. On a truck with a stock rotating assembly i can see "it helping". Then again there are guys with "high performance" setups that have dead misses and they are completely ignorant to it.

Im not questioning Morgan or whatever tf you're talking about but I deal in reality which is contrary to what I read on forums a lot of the time.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Read the post I quoted. Ty said his neighbors motor was balanced with a dampener.

No...you arent following...

I didnt say what you are alleging...thete was no benefit on a balanced setup for a tuneable cd. I never once said you can balance an assembly like that. Nevermind...this isnt conversation to share on here apparently.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online