ATS Aurora 4000

wjamesm

Reaction score
Checking to see what everyone thinks of this turbo setup and if anyone is running it . I am thinking about possibly buying the one in the classifieds . Really isn't much information on the web from people who have the kit . I know somewhere on here i was reading that non-VGT turbos didn't get as good of fuel mileage . Originally i had plans on going with Midwest VGT kit and still may , just have to save up some more coin as i have a 2011 and would have to do the 15 retro kit as well . I mostly want a turbo that has good spool and is reliable . I tow every now and then and don't really hot rod the truck , I just really enjoy driving it .

bdm1981

Reaction score
I have one on mine. No troubles with it so far. Nice setup and simple to install. Just whatever a guy prefers. Mileage wise it hasn't been too bad. My mpg hadn't really dropped a whole lot. I haven't towed with mine yet so I'm sure someone that has run that setup could tell you more about how it does towing. I like mine. The turbo does like more fuel. I'm looking into putting duel fuelers on mine cause it seems like it wants more. Just my opinion. There are lots options to choose from. Midwest Diesel, ATS, H&S, and others make great setups for whatever your looking for and how much you want to spend.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.