auto headlights wont come on

cap

Reaction score
My headlights have been working intermittently lately. I leave them in the auto position and a few times lately it takes a few key cycles to get the lights to come on but its getting worse. last night it took 15 minutes for them to come on at a boat ramp 2 hours from my house. every single light on the truck works except the headlights (even the fogs) including high beams. Whats my issue, bad switch? ive checked fuses already and im ruling out a loose connection because its both lights at the same time, every time.

jake

Zmann

Reaction score
so you have auto headlights with the fog option switch

can you get the headlights on by selecting on and bypass the auto feature ?

i had to replace that switch because the backlight went out it was like 60 bones

cap

Reaction score
yes that's the type of switch i have ZMann.

no they wont come on whether its in the auto position or the on position. On will give me parking lights and if i pull out the fog light switch they will come on fine.

Zmann

Reaction score
well with the auto and on function not working I think it may point to someplace other than the switch (guess)

I think the delay may be the key to the issue

webb06

Reaction score
It could be the sensor in the middle front of the dash or it could be the module itself. I can't remember the name of the module but I did replaced one a couple of months back on an 04. The auto lights would intermittently not come on on it. The module is located back behind the radio and closer to the floor. It's a pain to get to and requires calibration from ids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online