auto to zf5 conversion question

F350stroker

Reaction score
Hi I am going from auto 2wd to zf5 4x4 conversion. Have a couple questions, first is about the crossmember for the Trans. I have the factory auto crossmember that seems to want to push the Trans up to high and a crossmember out of an 89 truck that doesn't match up to any holes on the drivers side, do i need one from a 95 to 97 4x4 standard truck ? Or can I make one of these work ? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JCart

Reaction score
Not sure what the 89 bracket looks like. On my 96/97 auto to ZF iirc, the ZF x member was "L" shaped (laying on its side) and to have the holes line up I switched sides the the vertical bolted to the side of the frame rail. Seems to me on the CCLB it was on driver's side and swapping it to a CCSB it had to be switched to the passenger side. I guess what I'm trying to say is check both sides of the frame rails and also switch the member end for end....
Sorry couldn't help more... I may have a x member part number I'll check and let you know.
jrc

F350stroker

Reaction score
I found a 89 f-250 that had the crossmember that rested on the inside of the frame rails. I am guessing the L shaped bracket is what was used on the f350 trucks. I needed the inside mounted crossmember for the radius arm brackets to fit in the frame for the 06 axle swap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts