auto tranny question, donno carp about them...

djberg

Reaction score
so i;'m working on a deal with a dealership trading my a4 for an excursion, i have no fear what so ever with the engine, but i have no education with the 5r110. the ex has 225 on the clock and there are not records of any tranny work. i have drove it and it felt fine, but i dont have a clue on the longevity of it. of course i wanna use it for hauling, especially site build sheds, more space for more amish guys equals way less time on site building.

i bought a rebuild manual jut to start to familiarize my self with these trannys but again like i said i have no clue whats what with these. future plans are to probably barder 2 and 175/stock or 30's along with the usuals.

thanks in advance DJ

05stroker350

Reaction score
Tranny should be fine if there are no current mods and were never any crappy tunes it on. 5r's are tough. Many guys in the 500-600 hp range on a stock tranny and have been for quite awhile, as long as they don't beat on them everyday. The condition of other areas of the truck should reflect how the tranny was treated.

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Proper tuning goes a long ways with these transmissions. And your engine at that. Like said above, proper care and not beating on them all the time keeps them alive.

djberg

Reaction score
it's bone stock, has stiction on cylinder 5 i would guess, and it was a corporate vehicle of some sort, doubt it was ever hammered on or towed, just driven a decent amount, though i'm not sure on the maintenance side, it does have the tall oil filter housing.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.