B code v.s. Hybrid

Charles

Reaction score
Derail for us uneducated.... What am i looking at? P&#'s? Significance?

You're looking at supersized plungers that allow for SUB hybrid hydraulic ratios. Working even FARTHER away from the B-code in the interest of PROVEN increases to injection pressure, rate and atomization across a given nozzle of competitive size.

That is the result of a person not only realizing and quantifying the gains of the hybrid over the B-code, but also understanding WHY.... and then with this knowledge taking the next step by pushing the envelope even farther than the hybrid.

Last edited:

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Are you going to address the need to run higher steady-state ICP by altering the poppet seat pressure or something similar?

There are a full barrage of issues that will be addressed as an injector package. I haven't been picking my nose for the last several years trying to make this happen in my free time and on my dime.

TyCorr

Reaction score
What did you learn from that information and how will you apply it?

BTW there is no secret kernel of information, the secret is in experimenting and EXPERIENCE to know what actually works and what doesn't.

Im not disputing that but you are baiting that you know something...but not ever saying anything...

I just wondered if you planned on saying anything definitive.

Charles

Reaction score
There are a full barrage of issues that will be addressed as an injector package. I haven't been picking my nose for the last several years trying to make this happen in my free time and on my dime.

If you need to drive around and get the truck running right with such dramatic ICP requirements I would be more than willing to help beat the PCM into submission if you don't already have the tuning side handled.

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
Im not disputing that but you are baiting that you know something...but not ever saying anything...

I just wondered if you planned on saying anything definitive.

:toast:

Yes, but it really doesn't apply to a DD as a stock BD with 7 hole 200% nozzles is more than enough fuel for 650rwhp with the only downside being it will require some type of big oil system.

For clarification, I use 650 as most street turbos will support that and still be streatable and tow well.

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
You're looking at supersized plungers that allow for SUB hybrid hydraulic ratios. Working even FARTHER away from the B-code in the interest of PROVEN increases to injection pressure, rate and atomization across a given nozzle of competitive size.

That is the result of a person not only realizing and quantifying the gains of the hybrid over the B-code, but also understanding WHY.... and then with this knowledge taking the next step by pushing the envelope even farther than the hybrid.

Thanks Charles, so much of this goes over my head, I didn't want to miss something big... this sounds big!

Charles

Reaction score
:toast:

Yes, but it really doesn't apply to a DD as a stock BD with 7 hole 200% nozzles is more than enough fuel for 650rwhp with the only downside being it will require some type of big oil system.

For clarification, I use 650 as most street turbos will support that and still be streatable and tow well.

This might mean something if you had ever actually made 650hp. The hp stands for horsepower, not seconds or miles per hour.

Last edited:

Charles

Reaction score
You do know that what Charles said makes less sense than most any post he has ever made... I know you haven't been around long, but Danny's truck wasn't exactly your idea of 650 hp.

The wizzer spoke of daily driver friendly turbochargers, B-codes and 650hp all in the same sentence.

Danny's truck never made 650hp that I know of. It cut some nice times for the weight, but never made 650hp. Again.... the hp stands for HORSEPOWER.... not elapsed time or trap speed people. There's a BIG F'ing difference. And besides, Danny's truck damn sure didn't do it without spray.

Because if we're talking spray, then what the hell did the daily driver friendly turbos comment mean? Jacob sprayed to over 900hp on a 500hp turbo with a nicely designed and tuned nitrous setup. But that doesn't make that charger any more capable. Just means it has plenty of gate. And one hell of a nitrous system.

The wizzer however, hasn't ever pulled good power out of anything. In fact, dynos are like kryptonite to him. So are flowbenches. In each case you have direct testing followed by quantified results, both of which scare him to death.

TyCorr

Reaction score
You do know that what Charles said makes less sense than most any post he has ever made... I know you haven't been around long, but Danny's truck wasn't exactly your idea of 650 hp.

Who had the orange truck with the transformer mug painted in the center of the tailgate? What truck of Dannys are you talking about?

Ive been a fly on the wall longer than Ive been 'around' but yer right Ive only been around for two years.

TyCorr

Reaction score
The wizzer spoke of daily driver friendly turbochargers, B-codes and 650hp all in the same sentence.

Danny's truck never made 650hp that I know of. It cut some nice times for the weight, but never made 650hp. Again.... the hp stands for HORSEPOWER.... not elapsed time or trap speed people. There's a BIG F'ing difference. And besides, Danny's truck damn sure didn't do it without spray.

Because if we're talking spray, then what the hell did the daily driver friendly turbos comment mean? Jacob sprayed to over 900hp on a 500hp turbo with a nicely designed and tuned nitrous setup. But that doesn't make that charger any more capable. Just means it has plenty of gate. And one hell of a nitrous system.

The wizzer however, hasn't ever pulled good power out of anything. In fact, dynos are like kryptonite to him. So are flowbenches. In each case you have direct testing followed by quantified results, both of which scare him to death.

Are you lumping Thuglikes truck in this? Or are you excluding that truck for some reason?

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
"Danny's truck" is the orange truck you refer to. And the numbers that thuglike layed down are on a dyno that it is said lays down numbers that are higher than normal.

TyCorr

Reaction score
"Danny's truck" is the orange truck you refer to. And the numbers that thuglike layed down are on a dyno that it is said lays down numbers that are higher than normal.

Ok. That clears a lot of things up for me. I dont know who's dynos do this or that. I just know that dynojets are the benchmark for dyno testing. I heard that back in the days of import tuners. Apparently that notion is still legit.

Did that orange truck make 650hp? I saw that old video of it drag racing. And Hallers red dually was on the show too. Dmitri was on it as well. Cant remember the name of the show though.

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score

I build my trucks to drive and enjoy not brag about how much power my truck dynoed or what CC's my injectors flowed, 2 numbers that are meaningless when you are looking at taillights.

Funny thing is I dynoed once with Snow White and made IIRC 534 rwhp then proceeded to run a [email protected] with simple B codes, yet it took 400 Plus CC hybrids and 1000hp dyno to run 129:slap: the numbers don't quite add up do they:blah::blah::blah:

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Diesel power challenge???? It did but that was on spray which goes against what powerstroke racer implied about the dd single turbo setup as spray is not legal on the street.

And dunbars dyno seems to be the bench which all trucks are measured on in the diesel world. Not sure what kind of dyno it is though.

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score

Regardless of what the dyno says high or low, his is a Daily driver that will out run 99% of the trucks on here, all with stuff that don't work.

Latest posts

Members online