B-Codes vs. Hypermax 2.5's

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
What kind of icp do your 3:1s need?
Serious answer - I have had some criticism for not selling the injectors that I have built using a different hydraulic ratio than what is commonly available. I refuse to sell them even though I could. The reason I refuse to sell them is I KNOW anything that is going to be sold with my name on them needs to be nothing but top shelf - I have spent some time on and off as work, life, and money permits to improve the control resolution of my injectors. Right now he is selling injectors that "work" but they are finicky when it comes to tuning (Look up some of Vision Diesel's threads for instance) to get the idle and drivability characteristics where they want. This is because the tuner can call for two things when it comes to an injector - pulsewidth and ICP - any two combinations of those will inject a particular volume of fuel - with more control resolution built into the design of the injector you can better control the exact volume of fuel you need for say idling and driving - all while still having the large volume of fuel delivered at WOT. Essentially this is also the same reason why some people have good luck with running 200% injector tips on the street, and others don't - its all about being able to control the exact volume of fuel you want and being able to do it repeatably. I refuse to compromise on the fact that I want better control of what I have - and lots of testing and bench time has proven that I can increase this resolution substantially.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
So although I have no dog in this fight, nor am I a nutswinger for anyone, I'd like to see Groomzy's question really answered. HRT, you explained why "YOUR" injector designs aren't top notch and not on the market yet... BUT you did not in any way, explain as to what you think is wrong with Mike's injector design.

Unless you are implying that his injectors are IDENTICAL in every single way as yours are on the bench?!?!

And for what it's worth, I'm not considering Farmer's Double D's in my questions asking for comparisons, just stockish b-codes or modded b-codes like Blowby has ran.

What I am saying and qualifying based on my own experiences is that his injectors possess the very weaknesses that I find unacceptable. This is based on what I have heard and what I have read since I do not have any first hand experience with his sticks.

What kind of icp do your 3:1s need?

It doesn't really matter since mine are not available, but as they sit they are tested and solid until 4.5Kpsi. The bench needs revamped to test them to their intended peak ICP pressure.

I'm here demanding more and demanding better. Guys are on these boards all the time looking for more power on the street, then they want to tow heavy, then they want to go lay down some 11 second passes in their crew cab, etc.... The only way to make that a reality for anyone is to not settle. I'm not happy with injecting large volumes of fuel - I want to inject controllable and predictable volumes of fuel and do it with a higher quality injection event - but in order to do that it has taken a long time, a lot of money, and pretty much nothing from the factory is left that isn't at least modified. Most importantly above all else - I'm doing it for me - would I like sponsors of this forum to sell these sticks - sure would - I have several that have expressed interest - but guess what - its not as important to me as getting it right. That is the difference - I am doing it to prove that these engines can be better - others are doing it make a profit and a living. There is nothing wrong with the latter - except they expect a return on their R&D investment in the form of cash - I expect a return in the form of a 7.3 HEUI powered DPC rig.

PSDEng

Reaction score
Jason, this may be a bit off topic but since we're here talking about your injectors, which I've spoken to you a few times about, I do have one question.....would a guy be better off running a superduty pcm in order to achieve the controllability through tuning that you've been striving for on the bench?

Latest posts

Members online