Back in the game!

Reaction score
After unfortunately getting rid of my F350 a couple months ago due to uncertainties with work, things have finally settled back down in life. So, I decided that driving around a 200,000 mile old Ford expedition wasnt going to cut it.

After a lot of searching I was finally able to find a 2016 F250 regular cab XLT in bronze fire. I know, its nothing fancy or special like the king ranches or the platinums. This was virtually the only one in that color/cab configuration and fairly loaded xlt that could be found in the midwest. Although it doesnt have the room that a crew cab does, this truck is still an absolute blast to drive and the engine has definitely been refined since my 2011 6.7. And a lot lighter on its feet being a regular cab. Plenty of upgrades coming up in the future thats for sure! Especially focusing on the stupid tires and wheels. Has anyone thrown any 35s on these stock 18s and does it actually look decent enough to get by? Its winter time here anyways so theres no real point in buying new rims right now.

Anyways, here's the new addition fresh off the lot. Its crazy how burnt orange this color is in the sunlight yet almost maroon in the shade.

Attachments

• BronzeFire.JPG
    BronzeFire.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 297
  • IMG_4046.JPG
    IMG_4046.JPG
    924.9 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_4048.JPG
    IMG_4048.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 210
  • IMG_4050.JPG
    IMG_4050.JPG
    962.2 KB · Views: 205
Reaction score
i wish i could find one like that...

Ill tell you it was NOT easy. Only one I could find and took me multiple weeks of searching. This one must have been fresh off the line too cause it was built in the middle of October. People just dont really want the regular cabs anymore, or at least with any color other than white and no options. Which is a shame cause I personally love the regular cab look.

Oh yes. So much potential!!! Love that color.

Thanks man!! That color is my favorite color offered by Ford right now. Such a unique color. And I cant wait to see what the potential of these 2nd gen 6.7s can do compared to the first gen when certain things are removed. Speaking of which, how are you liking your build? Still make you smile ear to ear when you hit the go pedal? haha

Reaction score
Dude.. Now we need to get together for dinner.. We are twinning.. In the same damn town!!
838fa9cfd3c32959eb6370ff056dd176.jpg

I agree man! Need to have a regular cab bronze fire gathering soon! I actually was just thinking about that the other day when I got it. I was like, didnt Jared actually have the same truck up at RCD? Yours looks way better with the aftermarket wheels and tires though. Those stock ones just dont do anything for me at all. What all do you have done to yours now?I remember when I saw it, it still had the window sticker on it practically. Leveled? Tuned? Aftermarket stereo or anything?

Last edited:

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
I agree man! Need to have a regular cab bronze fire gather soon! I actually was just thinking about that the other day when I got it. I was like, didnt Jared actually have the same truck up at RCD? Yours looks way better with the aftermarket wheels and tires though. Those stock ones just dont do anything for me at all. What all do you have done to yours now?I remember when I saw it, it still had the window sticker on it practically. Leveled? Tuned? Aftermarket stereo or anything?

Lol. 3.5" Icon/OUO. Built Motor & Trans I had for my white truck. 66/70 VGT with 20% overs and twin pumps.

Morgan is going to tune it today. Should rip. Lol

Reaction score
Lol. 3.5" Icon/OUO. Built Motor & Trans I had for my white truck. 66/70 VGT with 20% overs and twin pumps.

Morgan is going to tune it today. Should rip. Lol

Hell yeah it should! I have no clue how you are going to keep traction in that truck. This thing feels so much lighter than my crew cab. Also, do you have your windows tinted on it? If you do what percent did you run? I normally match the factory tint and just do the 20% on the front two doors, but being that there is no window tint even on the back window, I dont know if Im going to do like 5% on the back and 20% on the front. If you do have tint, got any pictures?

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Hell yeah it should! I have no clue how you are going to keep traction in that truck. This thing feels so much lighter than my crew cab. Also, do you have your windows tinted on it? If you do what percent did you run? I normally match the factory tint and just do the 20% on the front two doors, but being that there is no window tint even on the back window, I dont know if Im going to do like 5% on the back and 20% on the front. If you do have tint, got any pictures?

I haven't yet. Im actually going to have CJ signs in Peoria do 50% ceramic all the way around. They do every one of my vehicles like that and its awesome. Looks dark looking in, you can see awesome looking out.

They did my F150 that way this summer and I'll never do anything different

Reaction score
Tough to find a regular cab. Where did you end up going to find it?
Very hard to find a regular cab XLT especially with options and a color other than white. Found this one about 4 hours north or me on the illinois/wisconsin border in Antioch, IL.

I would rock it. Looks awesome!

Thanks man! Although I do like your truck also. Almost the exact truck/color as the one I sold a couple months ago.

Jelly Role

Reaction score
Very hard to find a regular cab XLT especially with options and a color other than white. Found this one about 4 hours north or me on the illinois/wisconsin border in Antioch, IL.

I absolutely LOVE the color. Plus, I really like the look of the 3/4 ton RCLB. Such a tough look. Really great call. I see you HAD a gasser Expedition....you dump it on trade, or keeping it for a winter beater? Can't wait to see what you've got planned for the '16!!

Reaction score
I did end up getting rid of it. Would have been nice to keep it for a winter truck, but couldnt justify paying for insurance, title and registration on two vehicles. So I just transfered plates instead. Plus lack of room in the driveway for 3 vehicles (if i kept it) and a utility trailer, would make things more complicated. All in all, sucks that I got rid of it with winter and the fact I did all the fluids front to back along with new tires. But everytime I turn the key on the 2016, I VERY quickly forget I even owned the expedition for the 2 months haha

Latest posts

Members online