backing up a 4 wheeled trailer

johnday

Reaction score
Barton City Michigan, under a rock or log, where t
For me it's easier to backup a double axle trailer than a single..

Single axle should be outlawed!

For some reason I hate backing up a trailer into a right hand location.. That passenger side mirror sucks.. Even if I have to go out of my way I will make it so that I back in to the left..

Blindside is difficult and dangerous, sometimes there's no choice though.

thanks for the insight guys im only concerned because the area that the group meets before the parade is kind of tight. guess ill just show up a little early and make a fool of myself in front of as few people as possible

I still make fool of myself backing sometimes. Some days I can't hit the hole for crap, especially with a crowd or I'm tired.

Tandems are much easier to back than a single, the trailer doesn't move as quickly, and the further back the last/second axle is, the easier it is, most times, it just depends on where you're trying to go.
Key to it is, just take your time, go slow, pull up as needed, and if in ANY doubt, Get Out And Look, GOAL.

Oooohhh backing haywagon's in a barn....:doh: It took me a couple of years to figure out the best way to do that... We have a big Deere with a loader, I built a toothbar for it with a forged sleeve hitch so I'm going forward and not backwards.. Works like a dream..
LOLMe too!!LOL

cheater......

Well, I haven't hit anything lately, {Other than the longeared rat last night!]LOL

LOL