Backup Camera Problems

SilverStroke08

Reaction score
I have a 2008 F-250 FX4, the backup camera seems to be not working properly. The rearview mirror serves as the viewpoint for the camera, and when I put it in reverse, the screen turns blue and then disappears after a few seconds. I have unplugged the camera at the tailgate and checked the connector for corrosion, but it is clean. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!:shrug:

chromehound

Reaction score
My truck came with an aftermarket stereo that serves as my screen but there is a box in my glovebox that the wire for the camera and GPS plug into, might look for a similar box and see if everything is tight. Maybe follow the wire from the mirror - if it has one.

SilverStroke08

Reaction score
Yeah, there is a wire on there, i will look closer in my glovebox for any kind of relay box that should be in there, but i dont have navigation on my truck, so it may not be there, but i do appreciate the help!

chromehound

Reaction score
The box in my glovebox is part of my stereo system so I don't know if that's where it is for sure but the wire on the mirror should lead you to something that may help.

SVTDiesel

Reaction score
Sorry for the derail, but my reverse camera goes black, and has the settings menu on the screen. I have the in dash/navi with camera. Any help will be appreciated.

Andrew

Reaction score
Take it in if under the 3-36 if not the wire bundle runs past the spare at the frame chaffes and will cause an open on the power circuit. I have also seen the wiring in the tailgate fail.

Latest posts

Members online