Backup sensors not working

Clifford_6.4

Reaction score
Hey guys ever since I bought the truck I've been trying to figure them out. I put it in reverse and the button on the dash says off I press it and nothing happens. Is there some kind of reset for the system??
Thanks

Sent from a little green goblin under a bridge.

Clifford_6.4

Reaction score
Thats possible ..also randomly they will work like 1 time out of 50 could the sensor itself be bad?

Stroked777

Reaction score
I'm going to be subbing. Mine use to work all the time then they started not working when it was wet out, and now when I put it in reverse they work for two seconds and then the system shuts off and stays off til I turn the truck off then back on. Then it works again for a few seconds and stops

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
Mine were intermittent as well. I hate electrical so it went to the shop to get sorted out. The gravel from the grids I spend half my days on had beaten up the harness to the point that it would short out every now and then. Luckily I didn't have to spring for a new harness but the wires are vulnerable to road debris. The sensors are faily durable and dont give up the ghost that easilly. Climb under and check out the wiring. Could be a simple fix.

Clifford_6.4

Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1392678689707.jpg

I found this on my driver side the harness looks fine at the sensors. hopefully these are cheap!

ToMang07

Reaction score
View attachment 26032

I found this on my driver side the harness looks fine at the sensors. hopefully these are cheap!

Nope.

Mine were dead when I bought the truck at 87k miles. Given it's older, but they seem to have a short life span. And are (IMO anyway) expensive to replace.

TripleE44

Reaction score
They've got cheaper sensors on eBay. I think the place I got one from was like $20 for one then $30 for 2 and so on. They worked fine, but I can't seem to find the sellers name in my history on there. The ford dealers wanted a whole lot more than those from what I remember...

Latest posts

Members online