Bad fuel mileage 06 6.0

sootie

Reaction score
How slow do y'all drive!? I don't floor it at every light, but I do keep up w/ traffic, and the best I've seen is 12.9 strictly city, and 13.7 when I made a couple trips to the country. Rpms usually hit 20-2200 and if the speed limit is 50+ then I let it shift into 5th(or 6th if you wanna be technical) w/ the converter locked. Then I usually cruise at 1250-1500rpms. My mom's 4x4 ecoboost got high 12s with her driving…

I'm thinking my city just sucks for traffic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ummm that one 6.0 of ours that i was talking about sure doesnt get babied LOL

Krgillum0

Reaction score
Havent done the delete yet till my warranty runs out..Will deleting it get better fuel mileage? And stock intake I am getting a k&n though so i dont have to replace the filter so much..

acf6

Reaction score
I dont drive that slow, 70-75 on the highway and usually 10 over on back roads... i certainly keep up with traffic

egr delete, 4" exhaust, S&B intake, innovative extreme street, all fresh fluids everywhere..idk lol. i always thought my Mpg was a little low but i guess not

Triumph1188

Reaction score
I just got over 15 with a 4" lift on 35x12.5s on a 300 mile trip. Its worse in the cold, before the lift I was close to 17 on average and saw 22mpg on the highway one time. 5" turbo back exhaust and cold air intake. Otherwise its stock. CCSB 4x4.

But like people have stated, every truck is different. I don't baby it either. But I don't drive like an idiot.

Last edited:

JMart

Reaction score
Havent done the delete yet till my warranty runs out..Will deleting it get better fuel mileage? And stock intake I am getting a k&n though so i dont have to replace the filter so much..

DO NOT get a k&n drop in filter. They don't seal right and are the quickest reason for needing a turbo replacement. Stay stock, or do a full replacement if you really want.

msmith

Reaction score
Dam my trucks all get 15+ mpg not hooked to a trailer and when hooked to trailers they all get 10-10.5mpg hauling at 70mph up and down the east coast and trailer always has horses in it so it's weight is from 10-18k pounds depending on what trailer. And all trucks tow on a decent size tune. 6.0 is on a hot street tune,7.3 hauls on 490rwhp tune,6.6 duramax tunes in the mid 400s rwhp from other trucks Dyno with similar tunes. I would say egr delete the truck and run some revex in it.

^^^ This.

Open highway, driving like a granny, I would get 19 - 20 hand calc. but that was trying to squeeze as much mileage as I could. Most of the time I am on 2 lane highway and in the summer I would get 16 - 16.5 and anywhere from 9 - 13 towing depending on the weight. As of the last year, year and a half, I have dropped 2 - 3 mpg. I'm sure crappy fuel doesn't help and at 99k, I guess the injectors might need a massage. I have noticed more white smoke at start up, longer crank times for start, and a bit of stiction over the winter too. FICM is @ 48.5 consistent only dropping to 48 while cranking. Even at 13 - 14 every day driving, I can't complain. It is an 8000# truck, that's why I bought a half ton for my running around and errands.

OldschoolPSD

Reaction score
I get 16-17 mixed driving. I also idle the truck more than most people.

Mods are:
EGR delete
Marty's RR
Studs
Innovative extreme street
8 new motor craft injectors

I try to keep it under 2100 rpms on the highway, other than that i don't take any special steps.

sootie

Reaction score

deleting may help mileage. get a No Limit cold air intake.

Latest posts

Members online