Bad oil cooler

MrMxaxs

Reaction score
Hey guys. So I'm pretty sure my oil cooler is bad because according to my programmer it runs about 30-40 degrees hotter than my coolant. Basicallyou what I'm wanting to know is what kind of trouble oreading damage can this cause. I'm wanting to save up some more money before I change it and change a couple other things while I'm in there.

JMart

Reaction score
Hot oil damages a whole long list of things and decreases performance. Plus if it ruptures the amount of clean up work when you have a coolant oil milkshake running through the entire engine is a disaster.

78f100

Reaction score
So as far as buying a new one is my best bet to go with an OEM one from ford?

Yes, if not repaired and temps run wild it will damage all the top injector o rings, stand pipe o rings and such. Like already said it's a pain to clean up after it ruptures.

MrMxaxs

Reaction score
Well this kinda sucks lol. I'd like to have the turbo Cleaned and have the intake ported and polished while I'm in there but I'm not sure how much either of those things costs. Any idea?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

78f100

Reaction score
Unless you have someone who is good at machine work near you you may want to order a intake that's already ported. They are getting a lot cheaper. It's not complicated but would be best done on a mill. The turbo isn't bad to clean yourself, just takes a little patience...lol.

MrMxaxs

Reaction score
I could probably do the turbo myself problem with buying a new intake is im a little strapped for cash right now. But I do have another truck to drive when this one goes into surgery lol. Ok so I'm new here can somebody tell me how to post a picture on this thread?

sootie

Reaction score
post in the Sunrise Ford thread in the vendor section. They offer deep discounts to PSA members.

MrMxaxs

Reaction score
Is that where I need to post looking for the oil cooler? Sorry about that I'm not sure what happened with those other two posts lol.

Latest posts

Members online