Bada$$ Tow Rig Build

B585Ford

Reaction score
i want the badges.

where did they come from? they dont appear to be stock.

Sorry for not gettin back to you sooner, just gettin in after a long day working. No, the badges aren't stock. My wife got them for me for Christmas. Since she didn't see them until right before Christmas, she had to get them from Ford since that was the only place that could confirm they would be here for Christmas. She did tell me they are available on Amazon and maybe a few others (I think www.gorecon.com).

B585Ford

Reaction score
Rykan you all should get Mike to send up some tunes for it

Agreed in time, first gotta get my bank account built back up. During this time of year, I will doing a good bit of towing at different weights (4k to 26k) so I don't want to lose my ability to shift on the fly with the H&S until I get through the towing season (so I keep tabs on the gauges and change tune based on weight, grades, etc.).

B585Ford

Reaction score
I know that stock fuel isn't going to produce the HP that a lot of guys on here see and I know this is still a very basic setup, but so far I am loving it!!! My truck is a DD that does see a decent amount of towing in the spring and summer so I need it to be reliable. I am thrilled with throttle response. Even on stock fuel, if I am at 1600 RPM or higher (without down shifting) even with single digit boost, the turbo lights immediately and at least to me, this thing pulls really hard. I am also loving the that I basically maintain 1:1 EBP:Boost after 10 PSI no matter how I hard I get on it. Finally, I am loving how cool this thing runs.

co04cobra

Reaction score
Very good looking truck and awesome build. Should pull the ol hills very nice. :ford:

B585Ford

Reaction score
Ok, sounds good man... Let me know when your ready

Patrick@KEM

I saw this past week that H&S is starting to offer the MCC software for the 10-12 Cummins. They plan on extending this to all platforms eventually. When this comes to the 6.4, if I am understanding this software update correctly, it would allow me to go to you to get 4 custom tunes that I could shift on the fly. Is that correct?

LovinPSDs

Reaction score
man this build is EXACTLY what I would do if I had the coin... Only I'd throw some IDP tunes on it. Extremely usable and cool 600+ hp sounds awesome, good work guys.

B585Ford

Reaction score
I have been amazed at how well my Boost and EBP stay 1:1 at all throttle positions after about 12 PSI of boost. So you could see for yourself, I took a video tonight of Mini Max but I learned my camera really sucks at taking videos. The zoom feature doesn’t work on videos and as it turns out, my wife couldn’t reach where she needed to be to take the pics so I had to take them while driving, shifting gears, watching for cops, etc. The auto focus didn’t seem to ever want to focus on my mini max so those pics are pretty poor. For those videos as a reference, from top to bottom are EGTs, Boost, EBP, and Coolant temp. Although it is pretty blurry, I think you can see how close Boost and EBP stayed. Here a couple of them. Most of the others are in 5th (overdrive) or 4th . My tire size 305/70R18 DC Fun Country II.

http://youtu.be/8LZySG8yxkY

http://youtu.be/pfWGSAzdVHg

http://youtu.be/hkwPZW_I3KI

B585Ford

Reaction score
Bad ass rig man. Id love to transform my 08 like that eventually. My budget only allows one or two upgrades at a time.

Thanks. My plan was to do all the upgrades at once since those parts have to be removed anyways when installing new HGs and studs since I am not mechanically inclined enough to do this myself (I thought I would save on labor). I had already been saving for a while and planned on doing this over the winter, when my stock HG died a premature death so the schedule got moved up. Now I will be working on building my funds back up for quite a while. I am thrilled with the setup though so I think it was worth it!!!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.