balance bead question

08strokr

Reaction score
so i have an 08 6.4 on 4 inches of lift with 35 12.50 22's on 22x12 with 2 inch spacers. i wanted to polish the inside of my lips so i had balance beads put in the tires. they put 6.5 oz in them and now i have a side to side steering wheels shimmy sometimes and also some tire vibration around 50. i heard you have to go over 45 to make the bags bust open but i did 85 and still the same issue. Is there not enough beads in them or what? I have never dealt with beads before so im not too familiar with them.

joe d

Reaction score
I have 315 75 16 goodyear duratracks and i used 8 oz of balancing beads per tire. I did not put a bag in the tire i usead a device i made to add right threw the valve stem. My truck is as smoth as glass. Take one tire from the front switch with the back see if it changes see if you can narrow your odd tire out.. Or just add a few oz per tire.
Joe.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I have a similar issue in the rear sometimes, usually if i stop and go again it fixes itself. Its like the beads dont separate correctly and bunch up in one spot. I dont worry about it too much.

If the wrong weight was installed, it can cause this though as was stated above. Also had a buddy who had to take his to a tire shop and they threw the whole bag in, didnt remove the pouch from the outer bag, that gave us a good laugh when we found it...LOL

Tires are 35/12.50 17

Last edited:

NY_Mott

Reaction score
I had them in my MTs when new and hated them, had a huge vibration and tire shop could not fix it so I made them take it out and go old school.
Hope you get it figured out as I'd like to run them again if I ever get new wheels.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

joe d

Reaction score
See i went to them because my alcoas kept throwing old school weights. Ive had no issues with them in my truck. Or on my bike.

Leftthenleft

Reaction score
I had a buddy mount my 20x12s with 38s and use beads. I don't know how much, but it is smooth up to 105 :thumbsup:

78f100

Reaction score
We sell a lot of balance beads, they may need to add a couple more Oz to get it perfect. I have seen the corner of the bags collect beads and cause issues. It's supposed to disintegrat but the thick corners of the bag sometimes doesnt

tbsimmons

Reaction score
I use them and never had a problem. I don't use the bags though.
I either go through the valve stem or put them in before I set the bead.
I use about 2-3 oz per tire on a car and .25-.5 in motorcycles.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
i do two things.

i make them balance them standard, putting weights only on the inside of the rim. standard weights along the bead like normal. it doesn't bother me to scratch the inside of the rim, as between the brake dust and other road grime that is there along with the fact that it's on the inside, you'll never see it. and i don't have retarded expensive rims either.

then i make them break one bead, and add the balance beads. i wont let them add the bag itself, as like 78f100 said, they can collect in those bags as the bags never seem to fully disintegrate.

the regular weights get them close, the beads finish it.

Latest posts

Members online