Balancing 22" alcoa's??

99powerstroke

Reaction score
My dually sits a lot and really only driven around the city but got on the highway today and it just seems the tires are not balanced well... I had the original powder or whatever it is that was in the tires for balancing taken out and balanced with Weights. It just still seems to vibrate a lot more then stock wheels so thinking about other options like the centramatic set up. Does anyone have any input?

Thanks

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Yes I do. His quit balancing because the beads stuck together from what I remember. But I have had good luck with mine and my truck has gone from snow to our wonderful valley heat.

5fifty

Reaction score
I am in the process of putting some 22.5's on my 550 and will be going with the centramatic balancers as well.

I talked to a mobile diesel mechanic around here and is running them on all of his 450 and 550's. He swears by them. Not the cheapest route to go though

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
Bump to the top, so sick of how much this ****** shakes on the freeway at anything over 55 unloaded I am will to try anything. Going to call centramatic in an hour and see what they say to do since I am 10 lug but I went to the big rig 10 lug 22.5 wheels.

5fifty

Reaction score
THey should be able to hook you up. THe balancers fit on the studs for the rim on the adapter. Balance Masters is another option. THey are a little more I believe.
I am waiting on my adapters as right now. Will be going with one of the above balancers once I get everything in my hands. Been waiting 3 weeks so far for my adapters.
Good Luck

78f100

Reaction score
we use equal powder on all our 22.5 and 24.5 that get balanced. I have it in my 35's and it works great. It works good if the proper amount is used. I have a chart I go by at the shop, but its not always exact some tires say start at 8oz and go up to 10oz or 10 to 12 until they are balanced.

B.Warning

Reaction score
Believe it or not.....Golf Balls. On my last 2 trucks I ran 2 golf balls in each tire and it worked flawlessly. I'm going to do the same thing on my new truck.

78f100

Reaction score
Believe it or not.....Golf Balls. On my last 2 trucks I ran 2 golf balls in each tire and it worked flawlessly. I'm going to do the same thing on my new truck.

I know a construction company here that uses golf balls in all their truck. They use 3 balls in each one, and they have tons of trucks that have been doing that for years.

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
Just ordered my Centramatic balancers.
For those of you with the adaptors to the 22.5 wheels you need from Centramatic are 600 630 and 600 640
I'll repost when I get them on and hopefully this helps. The golf balls are interesting, makes since tho same concept.

5fifty

Reaction score
For those of you with the adaptors to the 22.5 wheels you need from Centramatic are 600 630 and 600 640
I'll repost when I get them on and hopefully this helps. The golf balls are interesting, makes since tho same concept.

Interested in hearing how you like them. My adapters should HOPEFULLY be done this week. Got to get my lift pieced together and rims and tires ordered.

99powerstroke

Reaction score

I am calling them as well tomorrow. Did they say if you are to bolt them on before the adaptors or on them then the wheels? Also do you put the rear in-between the dualls or what? Thanks for posting up as I am too so sick of not being able to drive on the damn highway with the shaking so bad..lol

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
The ones they told me bolt onto my adaptors, so the big 10 lug not the little 10 lug or 8 lug in your case.

I am calling them as well tomorrow. Did they say if you are to bolt them on before the adaptors or on them then the wheels? Also do you put the rear in-between the dualls or what? Thanks for posting up as I am too so sick of not being able to drive on the damn highway with the shaking so bad..lol

Latest posts

Members online