Ball joint question

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Cheap....6.0 LOL LOL LOL
Just kidding the shop was gonna charge 300.

Atsah

Reaction score
Cheap....6.0 LOL LOL LOL
Just kidding the shop was gonna charge 300.

$300 is about right IF they were going to put good quality joints on it.. My local Ford garage does one side upper and lower for $340 with Ford parts..

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
300 is ok. But I will put them on when i think they actually need it. I thank you all for your help in learning me on this subject!!

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Smut, You don't plow snow in South GA? HAHAHA. This winter we had a total of 11 inches of snow over the whole winter and I'm in north west GA. I think 6 at a time is about the most snow I've ever seen. BTW, when the ball joints are bad you'll know. The tires wear, the truck can wander and you will feel the play.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Ive only seen snow here twice. Got about an inch for an hour. Plow snow...LOL
Matt, your addition to the thread assures me that my ball joints are fine! The truck doesn't wander when i let go of the wheel it will stay straight. So I'm not gonna worry about them till they actually show signs they need replacing. If it ain't broke dont fix it.

chappy

Reaction score
I've been told before that I need new ball joints when I didn't. Had a Ford tech tell just due to age they needed to be replaced but if there greased and tight they are not getting replaced on my truck.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I was told that i needed mine because they were shaking...i was flat out lied to

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
its one of the dumbasses working there im gonna tell the owner about it later

DcMoore

Reaction score
I understand that you were lied to... But IMO I think you should change out your ball joints soon, not a pressing issue LOL Anyways do you want your new tires to wear and tell you that you need ball joints or do you want to spend a few bucks and play it on the safe side... Once again your at about the mileage where you need them.

The last set I changed out wasn't shaking at all....... Until I took the brake caliper bracket off, then I was a loose goose.

Irontx

Reaction score
I wouldnt replace shyt!!!!!!! NTB told me I needed them when I went to get my tires rotated. Had them replaced the day before!!!! Go figure huh?????

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
@dc I will keep checking the tires but its been mmaybe over half a year sincei was told this. When I put it on the lift I remebered tochexk.

@jesse wtf did you just say?? LOL

DcMoore

Reaction score
Lol I'm not sure what he said.. And Smut I thought this was just recent.. Have the inside of your tires shown more wear than the outside?

yeehaw

Reaction score
i had a shop tell me on my '96 it needed front brakes, and they were brand new

but nobody told me about the blown hub seal and wheel cylinder that had the inside of my back tire soaked

Latest posts

Members online