banks 6 gun

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
You should post a vid or something driving it. I know you've had problems for a while. Have you had eric adjust it?

07_powerstroke

Reaction score
You should post a vid or something driving it. I know you've had problems for a while. Have you had eric adjust it?

I have called them but i can never talk to eric and the other guys tell me to get lost pretty much. And my truck hates the other tunes i have from another tuner. I want to try gh next see if i have better luck.

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
I prefer the canned performance tune on the sct it is great for a dd. I do not like any of my custom race tunes wish i never bought them...
Well that's part of the problem. They call them RACE tunes for a reason. I love all my custom tunes except my race tune. Unless I'm at the track.

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
I have called them but i can never talk to eric and the other guys tell me to get lost pretty much. And my truck hates the other tunes i have from another tuner. I want to try gh next see if i have better luck.
Your best bet is email with Eric. That's how I always get him, and I;m a vendor for him. If you wanna try matt's tunes please do. He does awesome tunes to boot. I run his, Eric's, and Doug's.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score

Describe "hate". Explain whats going on. Or make a video of you driving it.

07_powerstroke

Reaction score
On a cold start it takes off like a rocket its so bad u cant control the speed it just wants to go. It flares the 3-5 shift the first time through the gears. I think the converter lock up"timing" is off it bucks and jerks the **** out of my truck with anything over 1/2 throttle and is way worse when i roll into the throttle. It also doesnt shift into the top gear until 65mph the first time threw the gears no matter what i do. But once it is in the top gear it just locks and lugs, ill hit the brake to unlock the converter and try to get it to down shift and it goes right back into OD no matter what i did and this is at like 45mph and trying to drive in the mountains. Every one that rides in my truck laughs and thinks it is a huge peice of chit... I understand it is a RACE tune but this tune sucks and the other tune isnt any beter.

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
If you're up around the mountains anywhere you deffinatly need a good street tune. I wouldn't recommend the x-street for that just because it likes to lock in od, and it will get under the turbo, and hot quick. Matt's srl=, or Doug's street would be a good dd tune for you in that situation.

07_powerstroke

Reaction score
Ok thanx for the help i already talked to matt but he wants me to get my truck updated first. I guess the flash i have is extra hard on the ficm. Maybe somtime ill try dougs street tune i have his race.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
07powerstroke, I live in North GA and run the Looney Wild DD. Vivian has sent me several tunes and we've worked together to get the shifting right on all of them. The last tune I got was the Looney Wild DD and she knew exactly how I wanted it to shift from the other tunes setups so it required no change. Thats how a good tuner works, no matter how much "tweaking" it takes they get it right.

I also have 3 tunes from Innovative Diesel and really like them too. I tow on Innovative Tunes. For you to say that any Innovative tunes "suck" is flat retarded. If your running a RACE tune as a DD in the mountains your insane. A race tune is built for the track, a long, FLAT track. You build boost, light turns green, you go, it shifts hard and fast, then its all over. Before leaving the track, most normal people change back to a STREET tune and all is well.

I don't mean to be a d*ck, but Innovative Diesel has done some great things for the powerstroke community and you are constantly bashing their tunes. Eric is a great guy that does some very impressive things with these trucks, therefore he is very busy. The shear call volume and number of orders placed at Innovative in a day is huge. Eric writes all the tunes as well as builds and races. I assure you that he would be more than happy to help you get your tune right, but a RACE tune will never be what you want. The only way to make the XRace streetable is to change it to the XStreet. Plus if he or any of the Innovative employees have seen some of the comments you've made about the XStreet being a sucky tune, you may not get the level of customer service the rest of us enjoy.

You need to get a street tune, plain and simple. If I ran a race tune around here (sh*tload of hills and inclines) I'd be miserable, plus the fact that it would be much harder on the truck. Please just lay off talking all the sh*t about your tunes when your trying to DD a race tune like some damn kid who knows absolutely nothing about the machine other than he wants it to "go real fast". The tuners you constantly piss on are very well respected around here and have a large following.

07_powerstroke

Reaction score
When i got my first tune everyone else was dd race tunes so i guess i thought i could too...I am not constantly bashing innovative this is the first time i have said anything about them and if you rode in my truck you would see what i am saying about the tune. I plan to get my truck flashed and get a street tune and see how that goes. How does the performance canned sct tune compare to custom tunes?

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
I have heard that they actually shift harder than the custom tunes, but have no experience first hand. All you can do is try. You could also soften up the pressures to to combat the shifting.

07_powerstroke

Reaction score
I happen to have great luck with the canned performance with every except it doesnt have quite the power as the x race. But it is very smooth shifting i guess i just have to find the right tune for me.

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
If you like thattune, then I would deffinatly give matt's a try. his srl does very well, and is also a dd tune for me. Good shifting manners, and very responsive.

Mdub707

Reaction score
We're 4 pages in and most of still don't understand why you don't like your race tune, so I can see why Innovative may have had trouble getting it right for you.

First of all, their race tunes are meant to have the converter locked in 2-5th, so when you're driving through the mountains and it keeps locking up and lugging, the tune is doing what it's supposed to do, try extreme street without the lockup, you'd probably like that better. A nice mild street tune would probably be best from what I'm gathering.

Also, the truck taking off like a rocket when it's cold, mine does this too, but it also does it for all of the hot tunes I have from every vendor, just part of the game man. Winter time I always throw on a street tune and run that to avoid that. Once warmed up it will go away, but it is what it is.

Custom is just that... custom. If you don't like something you let them know and they will change it to what you want. Obviously if you're having major issues with a tune, maybe it's just not the right tune for you, so get rid of the race tune and try a street tune. A canned SCT tune really isn't much better than any other "programmer" out there... custom is where it's at brotha!

07 powerstroke, there is also a dyno day aug 13th in lake placid if you're interested. PM me.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Maybe he should think about the fact that he hates ALL his tunes and maybe its not the tunes or the truck, but the driver that is the problem. Let him run the "canned" tunes and watch the guys runnin' custom tunes run off and leave him.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.