Banks I.C.

ajbond

Reaction score
I have a Banks innercooler showing up this week. I am wondering wether or not to run their piping. eherr can I get new cac boots to keep old plumbing. I have an acc fab elbow taped with 3 nozzles and a boost port. I hate to sound lazy but I do not want to redo if not needed. .

I would love some info. Thanks

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
Just make sure you get a set of quality boots to handle the turbo. IIRC the Banks IC has larger intake/output end tanks than OEM.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
The banks pipes are 3.5 inches. The intercooler inlet and outlet is 3.5 inches. I would use the pipes that come in the kit. If you do not you will need to buy some boots to go from you 3 inch pipes to the 3.5 inch pipes.

ajbond

Reaction score
Where can I get the cac boots to run stock piping?
I have read that the larger tubes increase lag and others ssy they decrease lag.. anyone with do a comparison?

Vinny07psd

Reaction score
They decrease lag, they allow more airflow which allows the turbo to spool up quicker, I have the whole setup on my truck and I love it

ajbond

Reaction score
I have a ported intake which really helped. If the I.C. help also great... I need all the help I can get to roll my 5th up here in the Rockies..
A BTS Stg2 will also show this week which I assume will add a bit of lagg.

Vinny07psd

Reaction score
You will love it man. I know I did, I usually haul around 10k and iny opinion there was definitely an improvement in power, it's a great package, well engineered and it looks great

Twan

Reaction score
I have a ported intake which really helped. If the I.C. help also great... I need all the help I can get to roll my 5th up here in the Rockies..
A BTS Stg2 will also show this week which I assume will add a bit of lagg.

Let me know if you see any difference on spool up or egts. I put the intercooler and turbo wheel on at the same time and didn't notice any lower temps or spool times, just better low end power.

ajbond

Reaction score
You did the 11 blade single plane.. right?
I just got done comparing the 7x7 to the 11b on my stocker and the 11b was the better wheel. Mostly down low like you mentioned.. imo.. any improvement in the bottom should help with lag some... I dont expect my truck to ever feel as frisky as a 2stroke...
I recently welded on some vibrant bellow.. modded the collecto.. torqued my manifolds and seated my y pipes as well as possible and lag in almost non existent.

Twan

Reaction score
Yes I did.
I'm thinking the tuning is what's holding me back now, and the thin hot air of summer.
I'm going to put my stock intercooler pipes on to see if it would change anything when I can get back into town.

ajbond

Reaction score
I have and will be waiting for that reply...when will that be?
I recently switched to a gear head tune to prep for my new turbo. His are smooth and responsive. They are way cleaner off the stab.. they don't feel as impressive because they are so smooth.. He supposedly know the 10 bladed turbines well this is why I went with him.

Twan

Reaction score
Around October unless some more work shows up. I will be doing the stock pipes, then going to have the new 13 blade exhaust wheel put on hopefully a few days later.

ajbond

Reaction score
I wouldn't reccomend that.. the 13 blade might help the bottom but will kill the top end.

Twan

Reaction score
I've heard both ways. I'm hoping it will help all around. Will see how time goes.
I'll be going to Texas in October/November to have Matt live tune the truck too.

Latest posts

Members online