• Banks emmisions on tuning?

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Other emmisions off tuning?

Votes: 32 97.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
That's why you keep the factory parts that came off it. If something happens that wasn't related to you driving it hard, put the emissions stuff back on and re install the stock file. It's that simple. Some of you guys are making a big deal about tuning for no reason. These motors are very well designed and aren't prone to problems like the 6.0 and 6.4s are. Most of the time, when something goes wrong on a tuned 6.7, the the drivers fault.

So when im traveling across country with my fifth wheel in tow and everything I need packed with me, where would you suggest I put the stock exhaust system? Also, what about the ford specific codes that come up stating that the factory tuning has been altered cuz a tuner was used?

live life full throttle

04stroker

Reaction score
I worked for Ford for a few years and always heard people talk about these ford specific codes when factory tuning is removed I have never personally seen or been able to find such a code even on trucks that I knew had been tuned.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
That's why you keep the factory parts that came off it. If something happens that wasn't related to you driving it hard, put the emissions stuff back on and re install the stock file. It's that simple. Some of you guys are making a big deal about tuning for no reason. These motors are very well designed and aren't prone to problems like the 6.0 and 6.4s are. Most of the time, when something goes wrong on a tuned 6.7, the the drivers fault.

agreed. but.. i wouldnt put anything stock back on because if the failure is engine or trans related, i should know i caused it and not expect ford to foot my bill. i should buy my aftermarket parts with confidence that they wont cause said problems. but no dealer should void warranties in which the tuner or emission deleted parts were not the direct cause. unfortunately dealerships are not so predicatble.

Super08Duty

Reaction score
So when im traveling across country with my fifth wheel in tow and everything I need packed with me, where would you suggest I put the stock exhaust system? Also, what about the ford specific codes that come up stating that the factory tuning has been altered cuz a tuner was used?

live life full throttle

That's a risk many are willing to take. Personally, I feel much more confident pulling a load with the emissions deleted than pulling a load completely stock.

And of course, like mike said; if something happens to the truck that was caused by the owner beating on the truck (over spun charger), the truck shouldn't be taken to ford for warranty work. If something completely irrelevant to the programmer and exhaust happens, then I'm sure most dealerships won't care it's deleted.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
That's a risk many are willing to take. Personally, I feel much more confident pulling a load with the emissions deleted than pulling a load completely stock.

And of course, like mike said; if something happens to the truck that was caused by the owner beating on the truck (over spun charger), the truck shouldn't be taken to ford for warranty work. If something completely irrelevant to the programmer and exhaust happens, then I'm sure most dealerships won't care it's deleted.

and the reason im not going to do anything with it till warranty runs out. If its going to *** up it will do so while im driving it. Regardless if I drove like I do or drove like my gramps... yes, mikey is spot on.

It is because there is no such thing.

Ive read a few threads that have to do with denied warranty cuz of said codes.
Here is a code list I found a few days ago p0167f non oem calibration detected.. http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45314
live life full throttle

Last edited:

04stroker

Reaction score
and the reason im not going to do anything with it till warranty runs out. If its going to *** up it will do so while im driving it. Regardless if I drove like I do or drove like my gramps... yes, mikey is spot on.

Ive read a few threads that have to do with denied warranty cuz of said codes.
Here is a code list I found a few days ago p0167f non oem calibration detected.. http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45314
live life full throttle

I can tell you I have run codes on trucks (my trucks) all the way up to the 6.7 with Ford's IDS software and no such code or indication of any non OEM tuning was there. Ford dealerships BS a lot of people into that and make them beleive it. Plus non warranty labor rates are much higher than what ford pays them to do warranty work. That is why they don't like it.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I can tell you I have run codes on trucks (my trucks) all the way up to the 6.7 with Ford's IDS software and no such code or indication of any non OEM tuning was there. Ford dealerships BS a lot of people into that and make them beleive it. Plus non warranty labor rates are much higher than what ford pays them to do warranty work. That is why they don't like it.

So this shot of a pdf that is straight from ford doesnt exist?
a3ubeqab.jpg

live life full throttle

04stroker

Reaction score
Not saying that PDF or even code does not exsist but saying I have purposely looked for that code on tuned trucks and it has never came up. So if it does exsist it does get tripped with tuners I have used like SCT, H&S, Edge etc...

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Not saying that PDF or even code does not exsist but saying I have purposely looked for that code on tuned trucks and it has never came up. So if it does exsist it does get tripped with tuners I have used like SCT, H&S, Edge etc...

Did you look while the tuner was installed or after it was removed and returned to stock?

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Wonder what triggers it then or if the tuners can skate around it? Just curious is all. Like I mentioned, ive read about being denyed do to it. Wonder if its just the non customizable tuners?

live life full throttle

Unclesams_PSD

Reaction score
I have a Banks auto mind hand held tuner and I am very happy with it. Increased mpg's, less regens and I have had the truck in for minor service and they did not say anything about if the truck was ever tuned or not.

I love the power increase and the firmness of the shifting........reminds me of my old DJ tuned 6.0 (only with a lot more power).

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
dont even consider banks.

Forget about banks... mini maxx

Banks tuning is no bueno.

Listen to these guys dont do banks. Just spend the money on mini max and deleting everything

Mini max here

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Mini max and deletes for sure we have a 6.7 woth 150k mes deleted a tuned since day one. We went through a turbo at a little over 100k miles thats been it. I have some in stock. Shoot me a pm if I can help.

Sorry everyone just pulled the trigger on the 61222 banks IQ and tuner. DPF and emmisions on. Hope I made the right decision.

:doh:

Latest posts

Members online