• Banks emmisions on tuning?

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Other emmisions off tuning?

Votes: 32 97.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Crazy Canuck

Reaction score
Ya everyone says not to do it and what do I do? I think I need to put on my pointed cap and go sit in the corner and think about it....sorry for wasting you time.

Crazy Canuck

Reaction score
I do really appreciate all the replys even the shots for my stupidity ( your opinion ). LOL... I do not have quick access to support for tuning and such. A close very good friend just took off his egr delete tuning, blown turbo, got turbo replaced and is not putting this tuning back on. I figured I would go with egr on and see what happened. But thank you all again. Go ahead and make fun of me......dunce cap on.....

RedRice589

Reaction score
I do really appreciate all the replys even the shots for my stupidity ( your opinion ). LOL... I do not have quick access to support for tuning and such. A close very good friend just took off his egr delete tuning, blown turbo, got turbo replaced and is not putting this tuning back on. I figured I would go with egr on and see what happened. But thank you all again. Go ahead and make fun of me......dunce cap on.....

It's all good I ran 20k miles Dpf present just a tune. It was just fine. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Crazy Canuck

Reaction score
So far everything is running great. Have not ran a full tank through, but behaves very good I have more control of the torque. There is not the big delay on take off anymore. Will try to keep everyone up to date later.

Chrisf97305

Reaction score
i have a question. i am looking to buy a new f350. i live in a area that i can not remove the smog, nor do i want to. what are my options. and whats wrong with banks stuff. if i must retain all my factory smog junk, why not work with a company that has spent a lot of money to improve the performance and able to retain all the smog?

Crazy Canuck

Reaction score
Yes Banks keeps all the smog stuff, I believe other tuners allow this as well. My only local option was a company that would put one tune and of course if I then had to go back for warranty then I would be caught with a tuned truck. This option allowed other benefits. Price was not the motivator, as I can prove with my old truck I drove from Winnipeg Manitoba Canada to Atlanta Georgia to have it custom tuned and I loved it. Yes the banks seems good right now but as with any system time will tell. Truck seems to run great and the lag is gone. The torque management is off and roasting the tires without smoke is easy.

sledhead_24_7

Reaction score
Still running great.

I ran Banks tuning on my 2011. For 15,000 or do miles was quite happy with it. Their tuning was the only tuning that I ran that increased mileage.

I ran innovative diesel DPF on tunes, H&S on tunes till their mini max locked up and upon returning to stock put back a mix of strategy codes that were not stock. That cost a bit of cash to have the dealer fix that, lost confidence in them. Then ran delete tunes from Spartan once they finally got their stuff updated for the 6.7.

Banks builds good stuff for lots of folks who don't want or need the 700 hp daily driver.

But some will hate since they don't offer race tuning. Look what happened to H&S for example, is right what the government does,?, absolutely not but...... It happened.

sootie

Reaction score
I ran Banks tuning on my 2011. For 15,000 or do miles was quite happy with it. Their tuning was the only tuning that I ran that increased mileage.

I ran innovative diesel DPF on tunes, H&S on tunes till their mini max locked up and upon returning to stock put back a mix of strategy codes that were not stock. That cost a bit of cash to have the dealer fix that, lost confidence in them. Then ran delete tunes from Spartan once they finally got their stuff updated for the 6.7.

Banks builds good stuff for lots of folks who don't want or need the 700 hp daily driver.

But some will hate since they don't offer race tuning. Look what happened to H&S for example, is right what the government does,?, absolutely not but...... It happened.

not true. some are just a little more educated and can comprehend the flaws with the way Banks does things...

sootie

Reaction score
Please explain, as I guess I don't know?

Thanks

they are a wire in module that basically interrupt signals from multiple truck sensors, ***ks them up, and sends the modified data to the computer to "trick" it into commanding different than it would have.

There is a lack of transmission tuning which is nearly 40% of the tuning game for hard part reliability, drivability and efficiency.

There is a lack of custom tune options that allow the tuner to make adjustments to fit your needs exactly.

the hardware is inferior and susceptible to water damage etc. in fact all of my banks modules failed at (conveniently) just over the one year warranty period.

that all being said-they don't have the best power gains either.

sledhead_24_7

Reaction score
They are not using the module stuff on the new vehicles.

They are programming them now, with some trans tuning.

No worse than canned H&S for tuning the trans.

The rest I would say is right.

Thanks for the info.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.