Barder stage 1.5 or 2

Blacksuperduty

Reaction score
It's time for me to get a new turbo. Is anyone running the barder stage 1.5 because that's what I'd rather get but all I have seen is reviews on the stage 2. Just wondering if anyone has any opinions on the stage 1.5

range91

Reaction score
I'm running one. Spools nice and flows way more air than stock charger. The only thing I hate is the gd whistle gets annoying to me. James is a top notch guy to deal with and won't go wrong with any of his products. Driving manners to me are no different than stock except for od and lockup can lug a bit but tuning took care of that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

white07psd

Reaction score
I have a stage 2 with stock injectors. No fuel system. Just ficm and ecm tuning. The billet wheel stage 2 spools just as quick as a stock powermax i think. I used to peg my 1600 degree pyro with stock turbo within 1/8th of a mile. Now i cant get past 1300 dont matter how long i hold it wide open with the most aggressive tuning i can run.. early converter lock tunes seem to lug a little bit with the stage 2 and stock injectors but regular tunes have no problem at all.

Blacksuperduty

Reaction score
I'm running one. Spools nice and flows way more air than stock charger. The only thing I hate is the gd whistle gets annoying to me. James is a top notch guy to deal with and won't go wrong with any of his products. Driving manners to me are no different than stock except for od and lockup can lug a bit but tuning took care of that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which turbo are you running 1.5 or 2

Blacksuperduty

Reaction score
I have a stage 2 with stock injectors. No fuel system. Just ficm and ecm tuning. The billet wheel stage 2 spools just as quick as a stock powermax i think. I used to peg my 1600 degree pyro with stock turbo within 1/8th of a mile. Now i cant get past 1300 dont matter how long i hold it wide open with the most aggressive tuning i can run.. early converter lock tunes seem to lug a little bit with the stage 2 and stock injectors but regular tunes have no problem at all.

Thanks for the input bud. I was wanting the 1.5 but I'm leaning towards the stage 2. I see quite a few with the stage 2 but haven't heard of many running the stage 1.5

range91

Reaction score
Which turbo are you running 1.5 or 2

1.5. I still wanted to be able to tow so didnt go with the 2. From the research I did even powermax or 1.5 will get under the turbo while towing unless the trans tuning is spot on. I know Twan on here has been fighting heat issues for a long time he would be a good one to read up on to see what he has gone through.

ODAWG714

Reaction score
1.5. I still wanted to be able to tow so didnt go with the 2. From the research I did even powermax or 1.5 will get under the turbo while towing unless the trans tuning is spot on. I know Twan on here has been fighting heat issues for a long time he would be a good one to read up on to see what he has gone through.

Having the tuner adjust the shift points higher will make a world of difference.
Back when I ran a pmax I'd lock up at 45 getting on the highway and smoke the freeway out. I had Gearhead adjust the shifting to lock up at 55-60 and that kept the turbo spooled and resolved that issue. Same shifting on my old Barder 68 was awesome and spot on aswell

Latest posts

Members online