barder stage 2 vs stage 2.5

Nickj250

Reaction score
Looking into upgrading my turbo soon and was wondering if there was a noticeable difference between the two since the stage 2.5 has a bigger turbine wheel and is 400$ more. Any input would be appreciated.

FaSSt9602

Reaction score
You will get better flow up top, but may suffer a tad down low on spool-up. The better flow up top will help keep EGT's and back pressure down.

For the marginal difference in spool-up, I'd opt for the 2.5's turbine configuration.

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
So are these basically the same as MTW without the hassle...? Don't remember hearing about these last Feb when I ordered mine...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
Damn wish i woulda heard about them... wouldnt of waited 2.5 months for a turbo that i had to send back because the inlet turbine was rubbing the casing... which apparently according to them shipping caused that...

ajbond

Reaction score
I have been running a Barder stg2 since September.. upgraded injectors to 175/30 in October. . I have been pulling 5k lb up a 6% grade. It is a great combo... Although for data sake I would love to try a 2.5 to compare...
No comparison to mtw.. I sent all 3 turbos from him back..
Barder or K.C. is the way to GO!!!

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
Hmm well I already have mine so I guess I'm stuck with it till it blows... may not be long lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Mach5customs

Reaction score
I bought a barder stage 2. I had it in less than a week and I gotta say awesome customer service. I am having some 175/75's and a complete fuel system put in right now. I will let you know how it is when it's done.

ajbond

Reaction score
175/30 and a Barder stg2 just hit 540hp..that is with most supporting mods.. but no ported intake.. of which I have.. but I need to stabilize my fuel pressure before I dyno..

ajbond

Reaction score
He is deleted and B.proofed with exhaust .. stock ic and fuel supply.. I believe it was a Gearhead tune.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.