Batteries??

Extended Power

Reaction score
I was looking at getting a PC 1750 from Odyssey.

CCA 930, HCA 1350, short circuit amperage: 5000 amps.
Reserve capacity in minutes was 135.

Figured if I had 2 of 'em I could spin the world over...

Rupp250

Reaction score
I bought 4 yellow tops 10 yrs ago for a S10 with a big stereo system. 2 of them are in my 2000 SD, 1 is in my wifes mazda 3, and the other is sitting in the garage. I love them.

But do not buy optima batteries as they were bought out and now are pieces of junk. i know of several that didn't last 2 years.

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
i generally recommend large case 65 series batteries with lower cca 750 works pretty good, my reasoning is that there will be fewer plates spread farther apart and more acid allowing the battery to live longer before the plates sulphate and short together. in our shop we generally see a 5-8 year life span from a set of motorcraft 750s (bxt-65-750) $109.95, in the past few years motorcraft batteries have been built in mexico and quality levels went down. so we tried east penn batteries (deka, napa, reasource) but saw a higher failure rate, interstate was ok, exide $89.95 and motorcraft plus(BXL65)$89.95 was best bang for the buck. now the next variable is warranty, most all battery companies got rid of prorating system except for motorcraft, so choose your poison. also i recommend felt washers under cables on the posts and insulating blankets around the battery case for longitivity. consider a battery tender or Ctek charger and avoid deep battery drains

bboteler

Reaction score
So you sparked my curiosity...how much are those bad boys? Pretty sweet looking but I have to say the big motorcrafts are tempting.

vcassens

Reaction score
really?...price isn't an issue either?...just power?

...if that is true...then get the ones I have...

X S Power batteries

MAX Amps – 3,900A
CCA - 930A at 0°F
CA - 1,070 at 32°F (0°C)
AH - 75ah

d6500.jpg

...and to show how powerful even the little ones are...

...1 tiny XS Power lawnmower battery...cranking a 12v diesel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdgQ6_Dsrc4

What is the price on them?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Fordguy100

Reaction score
My IDI has NAPA brand 770CCA group 65's for the past 6 years now and they have been great. Heck, the truck just sat for 6 weeks and I fired it up around 40* (not cold at all, but not summer time temps) and it fired up perfect).

What about group 31 batteries? Anybody ever swapped to them?

Snake

Reaction score
Hard to beat Sears Diehard Platinum's. If you're willing to spend the money, check out Braille.

Latest posts

Members online