Battery cables

davey99ps

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get a set of decent quality battery cables for my truck? I'm not sure if a parts store would have them or if I need to go to Ford for them? My other option will be move my pass side battery now to make room for the twins in spring. Basically, if I leave the batteries in the stock location for now, I'd like pre cut cables that are ready to bolt on the truck, I don't wanna have to screw around with cut to fit stuff unless I'm moving the batteries to the drivers side

Last edited:

Sinister 7.3

Reaction score
Check out the DI twin turbo thread there's a pic of my battery cables you can call David at DI and talk to him about some battery cables

davey99ps

Reaction score
Check out the DI twin turbo thread there's a pic of my battery cables you can call David at DI and talk to him about some battery cables

I read the beginning of that thread when David first started it, but wasn't really paying attention to the cables at the time. I'll take a look at it though, did you make them?

Estrogen Hostage

Reaction score
You should be able to find a shop that can make them from welding cable. I always found the best value there.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
if your going to relocate them anyway, i think you can get the stuff you need at advanced and auto zone also.... prolly cheepies but if your gonna redo it any way it will get ya back up and going.... napa usually has heavier duty stuff though..

Bugman

Reaction score
I wouldn't even think of making my own unless I had access to a heavy duty crimper that and soldiering the connection in the crimp. If you have a Interstate Battery dealer in your area check with them other than that any auto parts store can get you a set for your truck. Also there was a cable builder in Arizona but he is a do it yourself and seams like he is closed and not making them more than he is anymore. Just do a Google search and you may find him.

Here is the link for Custom Heavey Duty Batterty cables.

Last edited:

bad12jr

Reaction score
I'm making mine next weekend with fusion solder ends. Have 200 in it all including wire making grounds to the frame and a wire to the starter relay. Heat shrink each connection and I'm clean everything really well. Mines not spinning fast enough to fire the idm
I'm attributing to corrosion inside the wires. Ill post up some pics.

davey99ps

Reaction score
Mine still starts, it just cranks slow. I've replaced the batteries, altenator, and starter. My cables look kinda $****ty so i figured i may as well replace them to. I ended up ordering a set from napa today for $120 that are spose to be a direct fit. I spose it would've made more sense to move my pass battery now an be done with it, but I jus want this fixed now, an I'll cross that bridge when I have the truck torn apart for twins in spring. Does anyone know where I can find a high amp altenator, the new 1 I bought works fine but I wouldn't mind upgrading it an having the stock 1 for a back-up

Last edited:

bad12jr

Reaction score
Does that include the wire down to the starter. I'm running all 4/0 wire. What size are the ones at Napa.

davey99ps

Reaction score
Does that include the wire down to the starter. I'm running all 4/0 wire. What size are the ones at Napa.

To be honest, I don't have a clue yet. We have a farm account at napa, so I told my boss I wanted a set of pre made battery cables for my truck cuz I didn't want some cobbled together mess. After lunch, he told me it was ordered an should be dropped off either Monday or Tuesday, so I'll have to get back to you on what it all came with, an what gauge wire they are.

bad12jr

Reaction score
I thought about it to hook up accessories and such. I still may after I get it to run again. Had a low amp one in my other truck to run CB and stuff. I think a high amp to run lights would be nice.

davey99ps

Reaction score
Got the cables today, they look identical to stock only with newer style post clamps. We got 2 tractors, a racecar and a fairlane in the shop today so I don't think I'll be getting my truck in there today, an its just cold enough outside that I don't think I'll be doing this lil project today cuz I'm lazy an don't feel like freezing. We should be done with at least 1 of the tractors tomorrow. So I'll let you guys know then if they're exact fit for sure, but they look like they should fit nice.

Latest posts

Members online