Battery light on dash?

Koda22

Reaction score
Ok guys having a problem with my truck, the battery light on the dash is coming on...well kinda, it will kinda flicker on and off while driving down the road....I just put a new alt in and I thought maybe I had not connected the wires back good enough...well while messing with it, I noticed I could wiggle the plug and the light comes on and off, so I thinking my problem is in the plug/alt...any one have any info on the problem....have searched somewhat but can't find an answer.....any info would be great don't really want to pay the dealership..

Thanks
Cody

MHJ

Reaction score
most likely the plug, you can buy a new pigtail from ford, but if it is a reman alternator it is possible its not good had that happen as well

Koda22

Reaction score
It was brand new, it's got a lifetime warranty, but it seems to work good sometimes...any idea how much a new plug cost? And is that something they will have in stock or will it need to be ordered?

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Take the alternator down to get bench tested. Have them test it a couple times if it passes the first test. That should help point you in the right direction and they can warranty it out if it is bad.

Latest posts

Members online