Bd exhaust brake on a 11-14 truck anyone use one?

89mustang

Reaction score
I've had my 12' f250 for a year now I love everything about the truck except it not having an exhaust brake. It stock right now minus Firestone ride right bags and fuel wheels and toyo my tires. I have everything I need to make it run better sitting in boxes waiting!

I've searched for reviews and I seem to always come up short. One guy said it worked awesome another guy said his had constant problems. Just seeing if it was worth the 600 to put it on. From what I gathered it would work better on d****** trucks.

I called Midwest diesel as they aren't very far from me about upgrading to a 15' turbo but they said they couldn't tune it to have a EB brake like a 15' and newer truck. I'm not towing super heavy but it's a nice feature to have. I want to upgrade to a larger enclosed trailer 8.5 x24. I drove my dads 15' ram 3500 last weekend with my trailer an the factory EB works awesome on the ram!

I would really appreciate any info on it! It would be cheaper than getting a newer truck!

Kxc

Reaction score
Go with a '15 turbo and Tyrant tunes. Exhaust brake is still functional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

89mustang

Reaction score
I was planning on going with a 15' turbo down the road when funds allow. I was just curious about the BD exhaust brake itself.

I'm just learning about all the tuning capabilities so I could be unaware on what's possible for the stock set up.

I'd probably go with Midwest because they are close to me.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
I have a new one to install sitting here as well. Wanting to combine it w/ a StreetmaxR 65.5 from Midwest and '15 pump. Talked with them extensively about it, says it works great.

Saving my pennies now for turbo & pump

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Go with a '15 turbo and Tyrant tunes. Exhaust brake is still functional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we have the exhaust brake working with GH as well .

Buck1

Reaction score
I had KEM tunes that the Engine brake worked on. I need to quiz Morgan some more and see what we are missing.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Buck1

Reaction score
If can't tune it in, then I would be interested as well. I miss that feature.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

89mustang

Reaction score
Maybe mines not working the way it's supposed to originally? Mine doesn't do very much to slow the truck down at all, as far just pullong a trailer and letting off the gas It worked good when I was driving down some steep grades driving to the tail of the dragon. I just feel that if its a exhaust brake you shouldn't have to be driving down hills for it to work.

Thanks everyone for the replies!

89mustang

Reaction score
I have a new one to install sitting here as well. Wanting to combine it w/ a StreetmaxR 65.5 from Midwest and '15 pump. Talked with them extensively about it, says it works great.

Saving my pennies now for turbo & pump

That's promising! Most threads seem to dead end if anyone had one that worked well.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Maybe mines not working the way it's supposed to originally? Mine doesn't do very much to slow the truck down at all, as far just pullong a trailer and letting off the gas It worked good when I was driving down some steep grades driving to the tail of the dragon. I just feel that if its a exhaust brake you shouldn't have to be driving down hills for it to work.

Thanks everyone for the replies!

well the engine brake is nothing like the exhaust brake. the 11-14 cant have the exhaust brake feature built like the 15+ . even with the 15+ turbo .

89mustang

Reaction score
When I called about the 15' swap that's one of the main reasons I wanted it. Midwest told me they could tune it to make it better but it would never be what I was looking for.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
When I talked to morgan about this he said w/ the BD, his tunes and a 65.5 & '15 pump everything would work fantastic and I'd be very happy.

So that's my plan, just saving up enough for the turbo and pump now...

89mustang

Reaction score
I never asked about that. I just asked about what they could do with the 15 turbo. Ill call down there tomorrow and ask them about it.

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
So when a truck visits weight watchers do you have to keep the front throttle valve in order for the EB to work? I was wanting to replace my plastic elbow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.