BD Turbo Thruster II *****ty videos* and half ass review

Extended Power

Reaction score
Did BD have anything to say about your numbers?
Back when they were still in Calgary my truck made 416hp with nothing but an Edge with Attitude, 4" exhaust, and AFE stage 1 intake.

I'd say something is up....

Extended Power

Reaction score
Jeez...I gotta change my avatar...I can't stand those POS diverter valves.

Make sure your works properly...not seized up.

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
Everyones info, BD's mustang dyno is one of the hardest dynos I've ever put my truck on, I'm yet to meet anyone who is happy with the numbers that dyno spits out. Try a couple different dynos, maybe hit the track, it tells all storys.

Ivan wasn't just a while ago you told me in a phone conversation you thought the valve wasn't so bad after all when you were able to spool a 66 faster than you 63billet. Setup right, they do a good job, the first generation like yours thou did open to soon

Extended Power

Reaction score
Everyones info, BD's mustang dyno is one of the hardest dynos I've ever put my truck on, I'm yet to meet anyone who is happy with the numbers that dyno spits out. Try a couple different dynos, maybe hit the track, it tells all storys.

Ivan wasn't just a while ago you told me in a phone conversation you thought the valve wasn't so bad after all when you were able to spool a 66 faster than you 63billet. Setup right, they do a good job, the first generation like yours thou did open to soon

Oh yeah...it spools awesome! Too bad it never opened up though.

Frickin thing seized in the closed position when I ran that 66. Didn't find out till I pulled it off to go back to he 68 with an .80 housing.

Last edited:

Extended Power

Reaction score
Last year, I couldn't keep the actuator "hose" on. It kept blowing off.
When I pulled my engine after only having the bd Diverter valve on for a week and a half...it was seized.
So I gutted it, ported it, and sealed up the holes for the bushings, and used it as an adaptor only with my 63/68/.70. Problem solved.

Then, after I bought a Silver Bullet, I bought a new adaptor from BD so I could use the Diverter valve with it. I also solved the issue of the hose popping off by hard lining it into the GoGo manifold.

In less then 100 miles, I pulled the Silver Bullet off because I was seeing high drive pressure earlier then with the other turbo. Damn flapper valve was seized tight again.

No more Diverter valve in my set ups...period.

Skinny

Reaction score

yeah there dyno is a pain in the ass but it was free dyno time so i took it.. truck is comming back apart for injectors so ill be checking all the connections to the turbo. time to put some 190s in

svilla

Reaction score
Any update on your truck? I just installed one a couple weeks ago, what a pain in the ass. But it was worth it.

Biggest problem I have had with mine was it changed to position of the down pipe, causing it to rub the pinch seam on my fire wall. That cause the truck to have a wired howl to it. Might be something to check with yours.

Skinny

Reaction score
i got a set of 80 horse injectors in it truck is a monster but have one bad one when i take it apart again will be going all over the connections i took it to BD and let them listen there turbo guy said the compressor is way to loud so need to do a couple tests then will go from there so we will see what happens truck is running good when the injector isnt ****ting the bed turbo is loud but is making about 32psi 70/mph im at 7 psi of boost with bigger injectors

Latest posts