Beans 1.15 exhaust housing?

WIESEL

Reaction score
Is there anyway to tell by the casting if it the correct one.

Because the box'spart number ends with a five..

CSIPSD

Reaction score
At sea level it will work great, but at altitude it will struggle... There is a slight gap between the exhaust wheel and the housing if its not the right one. I'll have to look when I am home next on the wifes...

99powerstroke

Reaction score
what is the big difference performance wise in the 1.0 housing and the 1.15 housing as my 38r is just the 1.0 but have heard good and bad things about both housings???

Bean

Reaction score
Less surge/stall lower egts on the top end and more power on the top end. The turbo will be slightly slower to spool but the engine itself will be more resonsive due to less drive pressure.

cfdeng7

Reaction score
^ no
They havnt stopped making the 1.15's that fit the 38rs yet they just dont make enough of them so they are ALWAYS on BO. We will get about 10 of them in and then none for the next few months.

Big Bore

Reaction score

I read that, but that was also past experience. The latest is that they aren't even doing that anymore. I got that from a pretty reliable source, just trying to get some confirmation. If it's true, perhaps if enough retailers and distributors start calling Garret they will change their mind and make a batch.

Latest posts

Members online