Beans 6-Pos Problems

RedPowerstroke

Reaction score
I got my new Beans chip in the mail the other day. My truck had a DP-Tuner F5, the Beans was bought to replace that. I took the DP out, and put the Beans in. The truck started, but none of the tunes seem to be what I ordered. The lope doesn't lope, the tow tune does not feel like a tow tune, the tc locks at odd points in some tunes, and one tune has erratic shifts. The pcm is clean, some copper is showing through the tinning but not bad. I also did not recieve any kind of card listing what tunes were in what position. I called twice Friday but have not been able to get up with anyone at Beans, but I'm thinking they sent me someone else's chip on accident. Does that seem like a possible explanation for these problems?

davey99ps

Reaction score
I wonder if maybe the chip is for a different pcm? I'd try calling Johnathan on Monday, I'm sure he'll get it taken care of

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
prolly be quicker to email them! usually a few min turnaround on those but add your phone number to the email and im sure someone will get back to you soon.... 99% of the time emails r quicker.

Lamont_24

Reaction score
I would call or email Jonathan first before posting anymore.

If he's having problems let him post, these are the real kind of reviews. I read one about a d66 and they warrantied the turbo and were nice about it. It's good to see how it works out from the very beginning

RedPowerstroke

Reaction score
I am not bashing Beans in any way, just trying to figure out what I have going on. I thought maybe I overlooked something simple like cleaning the connection, but I checked everything I could think of. Hopefully they will return my call or email tomorrow.

David N

Reaction score
Does the converter lockup in OD at about 35 mph? If so, sounds like the exact same thing my truck used to do.

Bean

Reaction score
Hi Red, we will get with you today and get it figured out. Fridays and Mondays are usually our busiest days but we will get with you asap.

RedPowerstroke

Reaction score
I figured I'd give everyone an update. A nice and very helpful lady from Beans got in touch with me and she ended up emailing me the correct tunes I ordered so I could erase the chip and know I have the correct tunes burned to it. Well, I am getting an "error- module not formatted" message so I can't burn any of the new tunes to the chip. I am waiting to get a response back from beans on what to do now.

RedPowerstroke

Reaction score
Another update... Driving home tonight I noticed the SES light flashing on every 30 seconds or so and the truck had no power and at one point very little accelerator response. I pulled the codes and got P1249 wastegate fail steady state test , P0733 gear three ratio error, and P1209 injection control system pressure peak fault. The chip had been out of the truck since Saturday, is it possible that this bad chip has caused PCM issues?

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
When you instaled the chip or removed it was the key in the ign....if so you fried the pcm...unless you disconected the batteries.

woodduck97

Reaction score
When you instaled the chip or removed it was the key in the ign....if so you fried the pcm...unless you disconected the batteries.

You cant say that so fast cause I have done it lots of times with the key in batteries connected. Also pulled the chip out driving down the road by accident because I didnt have the wire zip tied up and foot cought it.

Bean

Reaction score
The chip not being formated may be the burner you are trying to burn it on is not the same format as the chip. If that is the case we will need to get it back here to burn it.

The SES kinda sounds like a short somewhere, check all wires in the valley and make sure there are no bare wires that could short out.

Arisley

Reaction score
You cant say that so fast cause I have done it lots of times with the key in batteries connected. Also pulled the chip out driving down the road by accident because I didnt have the wire zip tied up and foot cought it.

You can also unplug a PS/2 port (old school mouse and keyboard) 99 times out of a hundred with no issues, that 100th time will fry the motherboard. Therefore the rule is, NEVER unplug a PS/2 port with the computer running.

RedPowerstroke

Reaction score
No the keys were out, ignition off, and PCM out of the truck when the chip was installed. Chip connection and installation are two problems I've ruled out because I know everything was right. I'm thinking I may have either ICP or IPR problems that just somehow happened to show up after I removed the chip to send it back to Beans. But I will say, Beans has been very helpful so far. I sent the chip back to them this morning. They are going to erase the chip and put my correct files on it and send it back to me. I'm going to go ahead and replace the IPR and check the ICP too, and see what happens.

RedPowerstroke

Reaction score
Bean, I just saw your post. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll check all the wires. Also thank you for all the help with the chip problems.

RedPowerstroke

Reaction score
Ok guys I need some help here. I replaced the ipr, icp, and cps today. The icp was longer than the one that was on it, which is causing the plug to hit the fuel line, but it is still plugged in. After replacing all of this, the truck runs horrible with a really bad skip/miss. Someone suggested checking the ipr plug, and it the back of it is deteriorated and the wires move around a lot. I still don't think that is causing all of this. Any ideas?

onebad7.3

Reaction score
Ok guys I need some help here. I replaced the ipr, icp, and cps today. The icp was longer than the one that was on it, which is causing the plug to hit the fuel line, but it is still plugged in. After replacing all of this, the truck runs horrible with a really bad skip/miss. Someone suggested checking the ipr plug, and it the back of it is deteriorated and the wires move around a lot. I still don't think that is causing all of this. Any ideas?

I've never seen the back of the ipr deteriorate, the wires shouldn't move any. Kind of sounds like a poor connection

David N

Reaction score
Another update... Driving home tonight I noticed the SES light flashing on every 30 seconds or so and the truck had no power and at one point very little accelerator response. I pulled the codes and got P1249 wastegate fail steady state test , P0733 gear three ratio error, and P1209 injection control system pressure peak fault. The chip had been out of the truck since Saturday, is it possible that this bad chip has caused PCM issues?

My truck did something similar to this back when I had BDP Tunes. Except my SES light didn't flash.

But you could mash the accelerator to the floor, nothing would happen for several seconds, then it would all of a sudden take off. Funny thing was it only did it on my economy tune.

Latest posts

Members online